night shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoBoy

Apr 9, 2002
psychoboy.siaosiao.net
here is a few night shot I took just now. seems a little under expose. pls feel free to give me any comment to improve them. thank you.

abo.sized.jpg

Focal length: 5.4mm (35mm equivalent: 36mm)
CCD Width: 5.23mm
Exposure time: 0.500 s (1/2)
Aperture: f/2.8
abq.sized.jpg

abr.sized.jpg

Focal length: 5.4mm (35mm equivalent: 36mm)
CCD Width: 5.23mm
Exposure time: 0.500 s (1/2)
Aperture: f/2.8

GOOD !!!! A40 really not bad.

What is your setting?

Originally posted by siewsphone
GOOD !!!! A40 really not bad.

What is your setting?

thanks. I added in the settings. anyone wants to comment more? how about composition? how to improve overall?

Thread has been moved from Critique Corner to Landscape and Travel Photography due to nature of content. Please refer to this thread for the guidelines of the Critique Corner.

Looks very nice, especially the first pic. This A40 really good cam ah, if only it came out earlier..... ;)

sorry just now too busy taking myself too so didn't have a chance to look at ur LCD screen ;p

Is there a function in A40 to up the sharpness? Cos pic looks a bit soft...but this is just personal preferences

Last 2 looks underexposed but to be frank, more realistic lah hee :) I understand that the LCD display not very accurate.

Maybe u can try employing bracketing shots next time? Try taking same pics with EV +0, +1, +2 so you will know which one has the best exposure.

I often forgotten to bracket myself hee :)

Good try PsychoBoy.

Coupla comments:
1st picture. Might wanna try a coupla more exposure experiments. F/5.6 and F/8 with longer shutter speeds. They'll create quite different and interesting effects.

2nd picture. A little under exposed. Decent composition though.

3rd picture. Do the spots of lights seem green to you? They're rather distracting to me. Again, you might wanna try more exposure experiments.

Yeah and Blitz is right. Try bracketing. :)

Good effort! Post more!

Happy shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.