night shots help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by franciskc
issit flare?

seems like a flare.
but some photos are affected, some are not, so shouldn't be lens dirty.

it is normal if you are using compact camera with flash on..

there call it ghost :D

i am using canon ixus. with slow syn flash. no filters.

This is c ommon phenomenon for compact cameras on long exposure with flash fired (slow sync flash mode). The white spots are due to flashlight reflected off dust particles in the air. I've seen much worse pics.

Originally posted by mpenza
This is c ommon phenomenon for compact cameras on long exposure with flash fired (slow sync flash mode). The white spots are due to flashlight reflected off dust particles in the air. I've seen much worse pics.

thanks for advising ppl! really appreciated. tis was my first time taking fireworks shots. i know what to do next time. ;)

anyway, switch off your flash. you don't need flash for taking fireworks or long exposure night shots...

Originally posted by mpenza
anyway, switch off your flash. you don't need flash for taking fireworks or long exposure night shots...

Does switching off the flash helps? Reflected lights are from those fireworks?:light:

Originally posted by franciskc

Does switching off the flash helps? Reflected lights are from those fireworks?:light:

You should ask this instead, "Does switching on flash helps?"

Hi,

I did some bulb mode exposure without flash and also got the "glare/flare?" in the picture. How can I reduce it? I can actually see it before I take the shot, but I can't seem to get rid of it totally, even after I tried to reposition it a few times...

u using a compact digital from a certain brand called Canon?

Nopes, i'm using a Zenit... I think I should have taken out the UV filter, maybe might solve the problem... My friend with his Nikon F80 also has the same problem of the reflection on the filter/lens... maybe the night scene was too bright...

glare and flare is sometimes inevitable cos of internal reflection and refractions in the lens elements. using a lens hood can help minimise lens glare or flare from the sides.

Originally posted by cheergal
some of my nite shots have some white circles all over the place, an example is
http://www.nantasy.com/misc/dots.JPG
(look at the sky part)

anyone know what causes it? thanks.

Fireworks. Were they supposed some blue fireworks or other colours? Sometimes the colours change due to long exposure. Blue and purple are a few challenging colours to capture.

Hiee...

FYI, it seem to be the dust illumintion prob....I'm using a canon DC too and have this problem- once in a while......

It can be dust illuminted right infront of the cam or even water mist......

since the flash is right next to the lens, tendency that in night shot, this would happen....

Solution - reshoot....or edit....

regards,
me

Status
Not open for further replies.