Status
Not open for further replies.

lewfs

Jan 19, 2002
West Zone
Visit site
Pls give comment on this photo...

DSCN0018a.jpg

Wow spectacular colour! Well exposed... composition good, but not as earth shattering as the colour :) As in, that black box thing on the bottom left is annoying.

nice ... a bit overexposed at the tower lighting

I think post the settings would be better ....

Hmm... megaweb eyesight better than mine! Yes, it's a wee bit overexposed, but personally anyway I'm not too bothered... the rest of the tower is exposed well, as is the rest of the scene... but as he says, maybe slightly less exposure would have been good...

Most likely is a Olympus cam, judging from the obvious CA. Lewfs, maybe you can try using the OneTouch White Balance mode next time. Personally feel that sometimes the Auto WB mode gives too much red. :)

Azone, how do you set the one touch WB in this situation? I dunno how to use that option ley =p.

Must bring a white cardboard?

Originally posted by Klause
Azone, how do you set the one touch WB in this situation? I dunno how to use that option ley =p.

Must bring a white cardboard?

Under the WB menu, you have the following:

• Auto
• Preset:
-Sunny
-Cloudy
-Incandescent
-Flourescent
• Manual: 'One Touch WB'

Select the Manual 'One Touch WB'

To illustrate the difference, see the two pics below:

Auto White Balance
wb01.jpg

One Touch White Balance
wb02.jpg

OK. So I select it, then do I see there got 1 press OK. When I press ok, a picture is taken and used to adject the WB rite? So in to have a completely white item to take that test pic?

/me very blur. Cos some people told me I've to take a white picture using the one-touch-wb then go on to take other pictures.

But does that mean I have to bring a white cardboard to take the test pic everytime I go out?

Originally posted by Klause
OK. So I select it, then do I see there got 1 press OK. When I press ok, a picture is taken and used to adject the WB rite? So in to have a completely white item to take that test pic?

/me very blur. Cos some people told me I've to take a white picture using the one-touch-wb then go on to take other pictures.

But does that mean I have to bring a white cardboard to take the test pic everytime I go out?

Hmm.. once you press OK after select the OTWB, it will sort of like take a sample pic (wun be saved into your SM) to show you the effect. After that, all the subsequent pics you take will be in OTWB mode. Unless you off the DC and on again, then you have to re-select the OTWB mode again.

White cardboard? Why do you need one for? No lah, no need.

Originally posted by azone

Under the WB menu, you have the following:

• Auto
• Preset:
-Sunny
-Cloudy
-Incandescent
-Flourescent
• Manual: 'One Touch WB'

Select the Manual 'One Touch WB'

To illustrate the difference, see the two pics below:

Auto White Balance
wb01.jpg

One Touch White Balance
wb02.jpg

Actually, I prefer the warmer one (auto WB). The white one looks kinda unnatural. ;p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Actually, I prefer the warmer one (auto WB). The white one looks kinda unnatural. ;p

Regards
CK

Agreed for the above two comparison pics. It depends also. For me, at times the pic is too red, so I used OTWB. Like the pic below, it looks nicer with warm one using Auto WB.

night02.jpg

erm..juz wanna ask....wat is auto white balance and tt one touch white balance...wat do these terms mean? :confused: :confused: i saw those settings in my digi camera when in CSM mode....dont know wat's tt ?

Hehe. I just point it at a white t-shirt or white socks. :p

Originally posted by AqUaRiU5
erm..juz wanna ask....wat is auto white balance and tt one touch white balance...wat do these terms mean? :confused: :confused: i saw those settings in my digi camera when in CSM mode....dont know wat's tt ?

Here's some info on White Balance:

Most video systems use a "white balance" to aid in overcoming colour problems created by adverse lighting conditions. The colour balance assumes that under normal conditions, that if a white object can be made to look white, then the remaining colours will be accurate too. If the original lighting is not close to the proper color temperature (typically daylight), the "white balance" may reproduce white at the expense of other hues."

OneTouch WB usually will make lights turn whiter in my camera.

icic....so is like trying to mentain the colour of a object (white) lar.....so the pictures usually turns out whiter den usual izzit?

hmm... say when u shoot an image of a white object under sunlight, it appears as white.

but if u shoot the same object under street lightings(yellow), the white object will turn out yellowish.

White Balance will allow you to overcome this problem

Actually, I thought for One Touch White Balance have to point the camera at a white object?

Originally posted by zhapchit

Actually, I thought for One Touch White Balance have to point the camera at a white object?

I tried doing that before, but dun get much difference. How about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.