Night shot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ag_surfer

Nov 1, 2003
Visit site
Hi..I'm really new to photography. I found out that I need to get a tripod to take night shots to prevent shaking. I already bought that but now, I noticed that my pics turned out grainy. Is there a way to correct this problem? Btw, Im using a canon A70. Im using manual settings, with the folowing configrations: Av 5.6, Tv 3.2 and Metering Mode set to evaluative. Thanx alot for any advice given. I'll try to post the pic soon

What ISO are you shooting at? At higher ISOs the shots tend to be more "noisy" (thats what you are seeing i suppose. Grain is for film"

Try shooting at a lower ISO and see if you get the same problem. Noise can also come out at low light levels.

OK..Thanx for the reply..
My ISO was indeed set at 400. Wat exactly does the ISO does? It seems to make my photos slightly brighter. Sorry,I cant upload the photo.

Ag_surfer said:
My ISO was indeed set at 400. Wat exactly does the ISO does? It seems to make my photos slightly brighter. Sorry,I cant upload the photo.

ISO : International Organization for Standardization

Check this out :

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/faqs/faq0010.shtml

Ag_surfer said:
hi!
well,to put it in a simple expln..ISO xxxx(100,200,400,1600,3200)
is the sensitivity of light the film captured.film with higher ISO
,is more sensv.for dcam..cmos act like a film...

for canon right.....best is always use at iso 50, if need higher.....never go higher than 200......... so far i try to keep to at most 100...

For most DC :-

Lower ISO = Lower Noise

Higher ISO = Higher Noise

normally i take at higher ISO only when lighting conditions is bad...!
Rest of the time...ISO 50

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.