night shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsplenden

Mar 25, 2004
holland ave
feel like creating some of those pics of buildings with their lights at nite.... those which look very attractive... using ISO 200, what manual setting shld i be using??? any tips???

what about those photos or traffic with streaks of hind light behind them??

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
photos of traffic try F16 and expose enuff to get full streaks on ya frame

for buildings...depends on how far...for example...f3.5 at 1s if u takin fullerton from esplanade roof

bsplenden

Mar 25, 2004
holland ave
Witness said:
photos of traffic try F16 and expose enuff to get full streaks on ya frame

for buildings...depends on how far...for example...f3.5 at 1s if u takin fullerton from esplanade roof
keke... i using film SLR, so around what shld the shutter speed be for traffic?

and for the building... i oreadi tried from my home. tried one shot at f9.5 for 1s.... i don't know how it will turn out. but the camera's meter only told me that it is terribly under exposed.... for a correctly exposed picture, it should be f9.5 for 30s. trust the camera? :dunno: the subjects are quite far away... in fact very... cos i am trying to capture a whole scene... including the mrt station....

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
1. tripod
2. matrix metering
3. f8 or f5.6
4. bracket the exposure by bracketign the shutter speed

justarius

Nov 9, 2003
Northeast
Visit site
yah tripod is a must. Trust the metering and bracket if you feel uneasy. To capture light streaks you need a long shutter speed.

Jan 28, 2004
Central
Try playing with your "bulb" mode with a lockable cable release and f/22... can try for like 15-30 sec exposures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom