Status
Not open for further replies.

D-art-photography

Feb 23, 2012
singapore
Time:6pm-8pm

Meet up place: Clark quay control station

Detail:

The Singapore River. It was on its banks that the foundations for modern Singapore were laid more than 150 years ago. Beginning life as a humble bustling fishing village, it soon developed into a busy seaport as trade increased between the East and West.

It wasn't long before industrious stevedores and hardworking Samsui women filled the streets and enterprising hawkers packed the alleyways with their fares. Fishermen, traders and workers from across Asia and Europe soon flooded in - adding diversity, colour, and life into the thriving and vibrant community.

Discover the present

Lying near the mouth of the Singapore River, the site of Clarke Quay was the centre of commerce during the late 19th century. Today, Clarke Quay is still buzzing with life and activity. The waterfront godowns now play host to a colourful kaleidoscope of restaurants, wine bars, entertainment spots and retail shops. The bustling market atmosphere of bygone days comes alive amidst the rows of charming shophouses, pushcarts, and five-foot-way merchants.

Today, Clarke Quay is a delightful mix of modern and traditional. A reminder of its rich heritage is reflected in the vibrantly orchestrated concept. Their vision - an innovative approach which boldly reflects the heritage and charm of Clarke Quay.

Savour the many delights

Set amidst a backdrop of old shophouses, you can savour the many delights of Chinese, Italian, Mediterranean and local cuisine. When the sun goes down, you don't have to look far to discover some of the city's trendiest nightspots.

Please copy your name list at below

Hosted By D'aRt passion

Pls count me in as well! :) (Dawn)

i want to go but i don't have big tripod :-( only have gorillapod :p can?

I hope to go but think better to confirm tomorrow as I don't want to pull out at last minute. Notice that's frowned upon here.

don't think i can go... pls take my name off... =(

Count me in. Seeya at CQ MRT later at 6:00pm.

Confirm me going. Just look for u guys at CQ mrt k? Will have a tripod slung from belt heheh

Thanks for joining us today...
Add us on Facebook D'aRt passion photography

Status
Not open for further replies.