Night Shoot Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimmer

Dec 12, 2002
Visit site
Hi there,
I am looking for a relative compact digital camera which can that pretty well night shoot. Any recommendation? Is it the bigger the len, the better the camera can take night shoot?

Originally posted by bimmer
Hi there,
I am looking for a relative compact digital camera which can that pretty well night shoot. Any recommendation? Is it the bigger the len, the better the camera can take night shoot?
night shoot doesn't relate to len size, u just need to have bulb mode(longer exposure) in ur cam to do night shot. even not bulb mode but 3 sec to 10 sec will do. ;)

Hi there,

Bigger doesn't means better night shot.. AT least not in this case.

In order to take night shot, teh shutter speed must be able to set to at least 4 sec or above. I think most digital camera nowadays will be able to do that. A tripod or stable support is need to keep the camera stable during the exposure.

If u think compact, there is a few model than is realtively small.

Originally posted by binbeto

Bigger doesn't means better night shot.. AT least not in this case.

In order to take night shot, teh shutter speed must be able to set to at least 4 sec or above. I think most digital camera nowadays will be able to do that. A tripod or stable support is need to keep the camera stable during the exposure.

If u think compact, there is a few model than is realtively small.
ya, minolta F100 seem like not bad.

Hi there,

some requirement for camera are as follows :
1. able to exposure > 1 sec in manual mode
2. zero noise CCD or noise reduction
3. a stable tripod
4. support timer mode or shutter cable release ( optional )

there are many digital cameras tt able to take pretty well night shots in the market ... refer to

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/

for the review and detail ...

btw , what is ur budget ?

Tks guys for the feedback! I am thinking to get the Canon S45 as I prefer auto type of camera(Not very good in manual adjusting). Do not know whether this camera will take good night shoot or not?

hi,

i have the older cousin of the S45, the S40. takes pretty decent nite shots, but needs a stable hand or a tripod. High exposure + wide aperture setting (2.8 on the s40) on AE mode can give nice shots too. Otherwise, just play with the manual mode.

^_^~ hee

Hi,

I am a canon s30 users.
The nite shots is okay but i think i should mention about the Auto AiAF focus deature which sometimes choose between 3 boxes in it.
Do compare it with Minolta F100 cos i am torn between the 2 for nite shots but after buying i still duno which is better.
Any F100 users care to comment?

Hi there,

I Think maybe Sony F717, it got Night shoot & Night frame function even in no light enviroment......But never use before....:dunno:

Tks guys for the feedback! I am thinking to get the Canon S45 as I prefer auto type of camera(Not very good in manual adjusting). Do not know whether this camera will take good night shoot or not?

Auto Mode and night shots do not usually go well together, you may need to adjust the shutter speed and the aperture in Manual.

Originally posted by koonzyawn
Hi,

I am a canon s30 users.
The nite shots is okay but i think i should mention about the Auto AiAF focus deature which sometimes choose between 3 boxes in it.
Do compare it with Minolta F100 cos i am torn between the 2 for nite shots but after buying i still duno which is better.
Any F100 users care to comment?

I'm a F100 user

For night shots you gotta to adjust the shutter mode

So far F100 night shots are pretty decent

I'm very satisfied

Get a minolta F100

Highly Recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.