wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Picture%20136cropped.jpg

Still noisy right? :(

Settinsg as follows

Olympus C700Uz
F 3.5
Exp 4"
ISO 100

This is after i got the firmware upgrade... so for those who wants to do this upgrade, you decide for yourself.

What i feel is that the colours are pretty alright. But it will not help with noise reduction by alot.

Seeing this is the 3rd shot i took immediately turning the camera on....

Wah, Wolfie...u really enjoy panorama shot har????

Anyway, the pix too small to see if really goh hot pixels or not.

BTW, how come all pix so reddish one???

Originally posted by Jayan
Wah, Wolfie...u really enjoy panorama shot har????

Anyway, the pix too small to see if really goh hot pixels or not.

BTW, how come all pix so reddish one???

Not really panorama.. i just cropped it in a rectangular shape.. :)

As for the reddish hue.... i'll try to go adjust the red/blue.

See if that makes a diff... :)

As for hot pixels.. hmm.. should i enlarge it slightly and post?

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Not really panorama.. i just cropped it in a rectangular shape.. :)

As for the reddish hue.... i'll try to go adjust the red/blue.

See if that makes a diff... :)

As for hot pixels.. hmm.. should i enlarge it slightly and post?

Yes, try posting a slightly larger pic. And leave the red/blue as default, use Auto White Balance, sharpness and contrast set to Normal.

For my C700, the hotpixel patch really improved on the hotpixel thing. It even permanently removed one big hotpixel that always appears after shooting for 5 mins.

And yes, please try using tripod plus timer mode to take the pics.

Wolfgang

where is this place? Pass by this place before on a bus but don't know where is it

thanks

Originally posted by canon
Wolfgang

where is this place? Pass by this place before on a bus but don't know where is it

thanks

I shot it from my place, Telok Blangah. The place was captured was Jurong Island and Bukom Refinary.....

Hope this helps. :)

Originally posted by azone

Yes, try posting a slightly larger pic. And leave the red/blue as default, use Auto White Balance, sharpness and contrast set to Normal.

For my C700, the hotpixel patch really improved on the hotpixel thing. It even permanently removed one big hotpixel that always appears after shooting for 5 mins.

And yes, please try using tripod plus timer mode to take the pics.

Ok. thanks for all the tips. :)

Cheers Azone.

I'll keep working harder. :)

Maybe you can just post a link to the original picture instead of cropping/resizing.

I'm thinking of sending my C700UZ for upgrade too, especially that the noise level of mine coupled with hot pixel, are very bad. Wonder if it's worth for me to take ­half a day's leave just to send it for upgrade. Hmm... Do you have a before and after photo for us to compare?

I shall try to take a before and after picture, to see if there's really any difference.

wolfgang, use one touch WB to remove the reddish cast, and all your pics are underexposed, should expose longer. A bit blur too, remember to set focus to infinity, and use a tripod.

Sorry if this will worry you, but generally I find your pics (all of them) a bit weird, sometimes out of focus, sometimes very soft. Don't know if it was the post-processing, the resizing etc, but I don't see my pics like that.

Originally posted by Tweek
wolfgang, use one touch WB to remove the reddish cast, and all your pics are underexposed, should expose longer. A bit blur too, remember to set focus to infinity, and use a tripod.

Thanks for the tips Tweek. I will try to apply these advices you have given and hopefully, it would turn out even better than my current crop of pictures. :)

Cheers!

Sorry if this will worry you, but generally I find your pics (all of them) a bit weird, sometimes out of focus, sometimes very soft. Don't know if it was the post-processing, the resizing etc, but I don't see my pics like that. [/B]

Hmmm... personally, i have no idea why it turns out this way.

It is also beginning to worry me. Hopefully, within the next few weeks, the owners of the C700s will have a night shoot outing or even a outing in general and hopefully, you guys can run my cam thru it's paces and tell me if i am doing anything wrong...

Erm, what do you mean very soft?

Originally posted by Wolfgang
It is also beginning to worry me. Hopefully, within the next few weeks, the owners of the C700s will have a night shoot outing or even a outing in general and hopefully, you guys can run my cam thru it's paces and tell me if i am doing anything wrong...

Erm, what do you mean very soft?

soft in the sense that it is not sharp, not exactly to the extend of off-focus, just not sharp enough, for example this pic:

Picture%20126cropped.jpg

The red flower of your BG shots look a bit muffled, can't think of the right word, it's just the details seem to be smudged. And generally your pics are a bit dim too, did you do any post-processing to them? Or maybe cos these few days it was cloudy.

Just to assure you, they are not very very bad lah, just that they look different from the pics from my cam, and from zhapchit and azone and ark19's cams as well. I may be going on a evening/night shoot with rayman and his friends next week, you want to come along? Maybe we can discuss more then.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Tweek

Just to assure you, they are not very very bad lah, just that they look different from the pics from my cam, and from zhapchit and azone and ark19's cams as well. I may be going on a evening/night shoot with rayman and his friends next week, you want to come along? Maybe we can discuss more then.

Cheers!

THank you for your kind offer. I would be only too glad to join you. guys.

However, i would need to know in advance when. :) I doing shft work. ;) So need to apply for leave in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.