some photos i taken with my FZ5 using night scenery mode. pls give comments

P1020533a.JPG

P1020687a.JPG

above 2 photos are taken from my place.

P1020691a.JPG

P1020690a.JPG

P1020687a.JPG

above 3 photos are taken at sentosa.

anyway, if u realised, around the yellow lights, there are some purple colour ring. any idea why and how to remove them?

For #1.. use Aperture 4.0 or 2.8 try try.. it'll let in a bit more ambient light, the surrounding would look brighter.
the rest.. err.. looks over exposed.. hmmmm The lens flare (purple thing) may not appear if u use bigger apperture. not too sure about it though.. try try n see..

First manually set yr white balance and use longer shutter speed

hmmm i think all of the shots would look better with more background . . or just widen the shots or sth cos it looks quite crammed up. . substance wise, not really jaw-droppers but keep shooting haha good luck!

And you must be staying in Tamp, bro? kekrekr....dat water pump house seems all too familiar. :D

yoz bros,

yup, i am staying in tampines!! haha. u too?

but the way, i am using the longest shutter speed already, at 8 sec and i full zoom it at 12x.

aperture wise, i cannot remember le. i am using the nite scenery mode on my FZ5.

commander said:
yoz bros,

yup, i am staying in tampines!! haha. u too?

but the way, i am using the longest shutter speed already, at 8 sec and i full zoom it at 12x.

aperture wise, i cannot remember le. i am using the nite scenery mode on my FZ5.

Till now I never use the night sence mode...totally cannot make it! Manual is good! :thumbsup:

serious your frames are overexposed.. except for 1. Since there's no exif, I can only guess that nightmode switches to iso400.

Longer exposure times will make the light part a totally white patch, while the dark parts remain dark.
Higher aperture number may not do it for your night shots.
Don't believe me, you try to do a F2.8 VS a F8.0
make sure shutter speed adjusted such that there's no overexposure or under exposure.
using F2.8 you will see the background, while F8.0 you will only see the lights. As you're focusing close to infinity (more than 6m for the FZ cameras) F2.8 VS F8.0 won't make much diff in the DOF.

pardon me for my ignorance, wat is exif? where can i find this file?

sorry if this sound stupid to u all :embrass:

didn't know FZ5 have so many function unexplored

exif is the data attached to your jpeg file (original jpeg file)
hmmm you may need some tools to view it.
I recommend:
this

read the text file, install it, then you can see the exif data of every file in your explorer without needing to install anything.

hi unseen,

i just install the exiftip using the method taught in the install.txt but i did not see anything different before i install it.

is it the correct way to do it?

pls advise, thanks!!

not sure abt the program u installed, but for me just right click on the mouse and there will be a selection 'view EXIF'. my guess yours will be abt the same as mine. the photos that u posted have no exif data.

btw unseen, how can i remove exif data?

hi robey,

just ctrl-a select the entire layer then ctrl-c to copy it, then ctrl-v and paste it into a new background.. then the exif info would be gone..

hee u dun even need to right click and select view exif.
the one i put up, you just need to hover your mouse over the photo and you will see the exif details.. :) major time saver..

My screenshot...
yes, just pause over the photo file..
if no exif they'll tell u got no exif..

exif.jpg

update:
*just discovered that some of my OTHER picture collections haf got exif too... wah.. now i can see how they take those chiobu photos we always see online..

Status
Not open for further replies.