Night Scene with moving objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikandarp

Dec 11, 2007
Singapore
Hi All,

Can you please guide me how to take pics of moving object with background of night scene??

Let me put my question in better word, I was trying to capture moving cars on Orchard road under Xmas lighting nowadays. I tried using flash to capture moving cars but endup with dark lighting scene (with shutter speed 1/10 & f3.5 used ISO 800) and without flash (shutter speed 5 seconds & f14 & ISO 100) ended up with blurred cars.

Please guide me to solve my problem? Please let me know if you don't understand my poor english.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Kandy

zac08

Feb 21, 2005
East
Hi All,

Can you please guide me how to take pics of moving object with background of night scene??

Let me put my question in better word, I was trying to capture moving cars on Orchard road under Xmas lighting nowadays. I tried using flash to capture moving cars but endup with dark lighting scene (with shutter speed 1/10 & f3.5 used ISO 800) and without flash (shutter speed 5 seconds & f14 & ISO 100) ended up with blurred cars.

Please guide me to solve my problem? Please let me know if you don't understand my poor english.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Kandy
Expose for the scenery and use rear-sync flash to capture the cars.... ;)

ikandarp

Dec 11, 2007
Singapore
Okk.... Thanks a lot. I was using front sync flash instead of rear flash :)

Thanks a lot.

JerrySH

Oct 15, 2007
moving car as in a frozen moving car or a sped past moving car leaving a trail of light? then its juz the adjustment between fast and slow shutter.

ikandarp

Dec 11, 2007
Singapore
Thanks all for your reply. It was really helpful.

I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom