Bukit Panjang
Hi,
This is my first posting.

C&C are welcome.. :)

Camera Used: Panasonic FX5
Handheld

P1040316.JPG

Welcome Bro.

Looks blur to me. Next time use a tripod, select a lower aperture and decrease the shutter speed. Experiment and you should get a better photo. Also move around to get the best angle of the towers. Post processing also can be better. As advise by others, night scene is best taken around 6-7pm where there's a nice sunset adding colours to the sky.

Here's some of my newbie shots of the tower also using a Panasonic FZ5.
http://www.gwen.per.sg/miscphotos/kl/kl.htm

a nice try, angle is quite ok

maybe take the pic a little earlier, as m3lv1nh0 stated. if u come at sunset, try taking pics from the time the sky turns orange-red to the time when the sun disappears, and the sky will be a nice deep blue

abt the aperture, try to use a smaller aperture instead, so that more of the pic would be sharp. then, to compensate for the slow shutter speed, use a tripod

great attempt, and keep shooting

hmm... nice try... u could use a tripod for better results...:)

Looks blur to me. Next time use a tripod, select a lower aperture and decrease the shutter speed. Experiment and you should get a better photo. Also move around to get the best angle of the towers. Post processing also can be better. As advise by others, night scene is best taken around 6-7pm where there's a nice sunset adding colours to the sky.

Here's some of my newbie shots of the tower also using a Panasonic FZ5.
http://www.gwen.per.sg/miscphotos/kl/kl.htm

Thanks for your advice. :)

a nice try, angle is quite ok

maybe take the pic a little earlier, as m3lv1nh0 stated. if u come at sunset, try taking pics from the time the sky turns orange-red to the time when the sun disappears, and the sky will be a nice deep blue

abt the aperture, try to use a smaller aperture instead, so that more of the pic would be sharp. then, to compensate for the slow shutter speed, use a tripod

great attempt, and keep shooting

Point noted. Thanks.:)

Why cropped the building on the left?

For buildings, doors and etc, I was told not to snap at the exact centre position of the building itself. puzzled me??:confused:

hmm... nice try... u could use a tripod for better results...

Thanks. will improve on it.:)

O, I was just curious why you cropped the left, anyway, you can still place the building at the side without cropping, like zoom out a bit more.:)

btw, whether to have the building in the center or not, it really depends, there is not hard rules about this....:)

Here is an example. Hope you don't mind, If you do, let me know and I will take it away.:)

For buildings, doors and etc, I was told not to snap at the exact centre position of the building itself. puzzled me??:confused:

O, I was just curious why you cropped the left, anyway, you can still place the building at the side without cropping, like zoom out a bit more.:)

btw, whether to have the building in the center or not, it really depends, there is not hard rules about this....:)

Here is an example. Hope you don't mind, If you do, let me know and I will take it away.:)

Thanks bro, your sample is very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.