Night Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortcake

Jul 16, 2004
The Western Frontiers
I bought a special package deal for JBP, The Zoo and Night Safari. I think I saved like $14 doing this. Anyway, has anyone tried shooting at the Night Safari? they open from 7.30pm. Is it possible to shoot good dusk photos at this time? Or will I just get alot of silhouettes? How about when it's darker... is there enough lighting? Can one use a flash without making it look unnatural?

Not allowed to use flash photography there. It's going to be tough to catch the animals in th dark.

Shoot with your eyeballs betta, enjoy ya trip. ;p

i once went there b4 n think flash are not allow to use on the night safari.. :eek:

yar... think that flash is not allowed as well.....
coz will hurt the animal's eyes.... :D

Use iso 1600 w/o flash

the flash will very likely scare off the animals and you wont want the Rangers to come after you

Just imagine - a nice owl with big eyes on the tree - one flash and the owl falls off.

I bought the Jurong Bird Park & Zoo only at $20. Decided not to buy all 3 as I presumed flash/camera is not allowed for the Night Safari. Imagine the poor animals being 'flashed' at every night. Sure the animals will end up blur liao. Too many flashes. Hee hee :cool:

:bsmilie: No Flash. Roger that. I shall just try some silhouette shots before it becomes pitch black, and enjoy the rest of the night just looking... thanks for the replies!!

it hard too shoot in the dark, i tried before, the animals must be laughing at me .ha ha . it can be so dark even when i set up a tripod , the trees are still in the way of the dim lights. well i gave up any way that day, set out for J.B.P the next day, die also gona do some shooting before the week ends. going for the last fireworks tis sunday?

Even if dont use flash, the light from the camera sensor to determine exposure settings would affect the animals as well.

the light (focus-assist lamp or a brief burst depending on make and model) is to help with focusing... nothing to do with determining exposure.

Yes I shot at Night Safari b4 and maybe going again tonight. Confirm flash and focus-assist both are not allowed. I only managed to take some pictures at ISO3200 with f2.8 lens and without a tripod a number of pics still blurr.

I also bought the 3in1 tix last month and i went birdpark one day, den zoo and nite safari another week.....
I find that birdpark is a little difficult to shoot as almost all birds are locked inside full wired cages except for those that cannot fly........
so those fotos that I took with the bird inside cages are not good, the full wired cage spoil everything.....
whereas i find the zoo so much more interesting and more things to take......
most animal are far away so zoom lens is a must.......
The white tigers are great...... i took a few of it and the stripes on its body look so beautiful.... its more fun at the zoo...... but there is no giraffes at the zoo, only at night safari....... i din know giraffes belong to night creature leh.......
I did not take any pic in night safari as i dun think it will turn out good....... the place has very dim lights........ some animal are behind glass panal cages.........but it was exciting and fun to walk around....... the suspension bridge was quite errie........

thanks for all the advice.

JackRussell - do they even sell such high speed film? I'm using an SLR.

I went to the bird park last week. I didn't bother to take pictures of the caged birds. Except for the lorikeets inside the Lory Loft. That was a blast. They swoop past your head like they're about to kamokazi. Managed to spot a wierd bug and a couple of damselflies. Bugs were scarce... I wonder why... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.