Night Picture of Macau

Status
Not open for further replies.

moby

Apr 8, 2005
I managed to find a vantage point to attempt to take a pic of Grand Lisboa.

I like the way the bridge kinda leads the eye to the building which is fully lit and interesting.

The play of the neon lights are also vibrant and exciting which is what Macau is.

I chose an aperture of f22 at ISO100 to bring everything in focus.

Appreciate all C&C on the picture.

DSC_2449e.jpg

I think the composition is quite good.

I would suggest shooting this earlier in the night, when there's still a bit of sunlight. I would have preferred to see also the structure of buildings, not just the neon lights. You can show the grandeur of the Grand Lisboa (if this was your focal point) with it's sparkling lights, bridge and nearby buildings.

As it is, the light of the bridge and nearby buildings are competing attention with the Grand Lisboa.

Having a ND on with a longer shutter speed may have a better effect.

As it is, the brake lights and headlights are short streaks, I would guess a shutter speed of about 6 to 8 seconds?? Having a much longer shutter speed may allow you to have a long continuous streak which fills up the whole street. That may give a much better effect.

As it is, the light of the bridge and nearby buildings are competing attention with the Grand Lisboa.

Having a ND on with a longer shutter speed may have a better effect.

As it is, the brake lights and headlights are short streaks, I would guess a shutter speed of about 6 to 8 seconds?? Having a much longer shutter speed may allow you to have a long continuous streak which fills up the whole street. That may give a much better effect.

good points.

Thank you for your C&C, really helpful points.

I agree with the short streaks of the car lights. Longer exposure will be more dramatic. :)

Thank you for your C&C, really helpful points.

I agree with the short streaks of the car lights. Longer exposure will be more dramatic. :)

agreed. the longer exposure will also bring out more details from the dark regions.

if only these was shot earlier, where the skies had a lil' bit of bluish cast...

Status
Not open for further replies.