Night photos with additional spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Threadstarter,

To illustrate sulhan's point :

These are re-reflected light internally to the sensor surface to the inner lens surface and back again into the sensor. The lights are practically reflected and then inverted as it re-enters the sensor.

This problem may be inherent to the grade of anti reflection coating of the lens internals. The source of light may just be too "strong" with respect to the rest of the other light source. Stopping down the lens (use higher aperture values) may help at times.

You can try inverting your original image (without cropping) 180 degree to see where those spots come from.

Just for illustration, I download your picture and created a GIF animation to let you see where is the problem area. Cheerz.

DSC_2733_Illustration.gif

Dear Threadstarter,

To illustrate sulhan's point :

You can try inverting your original image (without cropping) 180 degree to see where those spots come from.

Just for illustration, I download your picture and created a GIF animation to let you see where is the problem area. Cheerz.

now i understood by seeing where the lights actually do reflect, thanks a lot for clarifying. :thumbsup:

and will try out use DK-5 to shoot to test.

now i understood by seeing where the lights actually do reflect, thanks a lot for clarifying. :thumbsup:

and will try out use DK-5 to shoot to test.

You don't really need a DK-5, just a black cloth or your finger will do the trick.
The ghosting effect is mostly due to the lens. Try other lenses or different angle to see if the problem persist.
Have fun shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.