NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY BY YEO YEOW KWANG
Date : 24/03/2018 (Sat) 06:30 PM - 08:30 PM
After dusk, the light changes, so does the photograph. City lights creates interesting visuals to the trained eye.
During this photowalk, Mr Y.K. Yeo teaches participants how to best manages your camera setting during night photography and working with artificial lights to achieve creative results.
Instructor: Yeo Yeow Kwang
A photography veteran, Yeow Kwang started capturing moments with the lens as a school boy in the 1970s. Today, he has won more than a hundred international photography awards, most recently the Best Single Image of The Travel Photographer Of The Year Award 2011, and first place in the Sony World Photography Awards 2013.
Other awards and accolades under his belt include the Fellowship of the Royal Photographic Society of United Kingdom in 1988, Galaxy Exhibitor Distinction of the Photographic Society of America in 2013, and The Photographer of the Year 2013 by the Singapore Ngee Ann Cultural Centre.
To participate, you need to have either:
- Completed SDW's Fundamental handling workshop.
- Process fundamental knowledge of operating your camera in manual mode.
Your need to have the following:
- A interchangeable lens digital camera capable of manual modes.
- A Tripod is recommended.
Topics covered shall includes but not limited to the following:
- Understanding camera setting for creative night photography
- Using large aperture lens
- Working with long exposure for light trails and blurry water surface
- Tips and techniques