Night Panorama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu-By-U

Aug 2, 2006
Selangor D.E.
Honest to goodness C&C please.

Click on Image for bigger view. (1024 X 263)

Can give an idea of the intended message or meaning, if any?

The main interest seems to be the jetty/path and the white pillars, the buildings on the right seem distracting. There seems to be some harsh lighting from behind the camera. Perhaps an evening or morning shot might be better?

You are good. There was a huge array of spotlights from the golf fairway behind me.
As for "intended message or meaning"...:dunno: Guess I am not a story teller. Should I have shot this in the first place?

You are good. There was a huge array of spotlights from the golf fairway behind me.
As for "intended message or meaning"...:dunno: Guess I am not a story teller. Should I have shot this in the first place?

Know what you mean. I'm equally guilty of shooting for no reason :) So have been reading some books on the history and use of photography. Nowadays I try to ask myself what I want the audience to see or feel, if not then I know it's just a fun snapshot to see how it turns out :)

As with other streetscape photos, what is it that captures your eyes? Is it something worth photographing? It doesn't have to carry a message or tell a story, heck it doesn't even have to be interesting to anybody else. Ask yourself, what is this photo to you? You should not be asking if you should have captured this, only you have the answers. Learn to visualise and design your photos and that's when you know how it will turn out, even before you push the button. That's when you know if that shot is worth taken or not. Photography is not about getting a camera out there and hoping for the best.

Good...good. Ok why I shot this was that the colors, the white was very pleasing to the eyes..and the scene was so serene, gently rocking of the boats, the creak of the wharf and walkway and the waves lapping beneath.. the lights across is only as an added color to the photo. if it had not been there, I too would have shot it the same way. The hotel on the right, it may be a distraction but I wanted the pillar to show the 180 degs width of this shot. Maybe I should have cropped up to the pillar leaving out the upper walkway that I was on.

You don't see the strong curve lines anchoring the image which could be better presented with better ambient lighting (too dark)?

:dunno: please explain?

Just playing with HDR and here is the results....

What do you think??

whats HDR?
IMO, the pic that u edited does look better, but less natural? i liked the road as it was..looks like a u-turn or sth..could name it that? haha. the Big U-Turn..or Back to Where we came from..

Sorry.. I was not back in here to follow up...

High Dynamic Range = HDR. It's playing around with different exposures and combining it into a
picture with higher dynamic range than a picture normally would contain. This tropic have been heavily discussed in all over this forum especially in the digital darkroom thread.

Comparing the two, the second works better. I guess it is because the first one did not have interesting tones and some details like the clouds were lost. The second one also shows a sort of yin-yang from darker skies on the left to a brighter colored one on the right. The graduation is pleasing.

That what I thought. But then it's HDR enhanced..not really straight off the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.