Night Out (near CHJIMES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

microcosm

Sep 17, 2006
3am at night. Walk about with my camera.

shots200704_038.jpg

Taxi Stand... deactivated.

shots200704_039.jpg

No yellow submarines in sight, only a yellow wall... made yellow by the street lights.

shots200704_041.jpg

Come come come... and spend money... we have got restaurants and bars...

shots200704_042.jpg

Hmmm.. place is pretty quiet...

shots200704_043.jpg

Standing proud... regardless of the changes over time...

shots200704_044.jpg

shots200704_045.jpg

2 views of the tower.

I am still new at night photography (for digital) so pointers and tips are most welcome.

One of the things I kept reading about it is how the sensors does not like long exposure as heat builds up over time, and therefore many sensors experience hotspots or pixel burns (whatever that term is). This is unlike film, which delivers whatever you expose it to... use ND filters and have 1 minute exposure and it still delivers beautifully rich colours... so what does it all mean??

I am still new at night photography (for digital) so pointers and tips are most welcome.

One of the things I kept reading about it is how the sensors does not like long exposure as heat builds up over time, and therefore many sensors experience hotspots or pixel burns (whatever that term is). This is unlike film, which delivers whatever you expose it to... use ND filters and have 1 minute exposure and it still delivers beautifully rich colours... so what does it all mean??

Hi Microcosm,

Great that you bring this issue up. I remember that this topic was discussed in the Nikon subforum regarding using dSLR for Astrophotography and possibility of damaging the sensor.

Attached here is the link on the discussion.

Thanks for sharing your work. Hope to see more. :)

Thanks Francis... I was kinda thinking hard about this... might want to take out my film camera for serious night photography... I don't think I am keen to try this on digital sensors... my current camera, though aged, is still precious to me... LOL.

Hi Microcosm,

Great that you bring this issue up. I remember that this topic was discussed in the Nikon subforum regarding using dSLR for Astrophotography and possibility of damaging the sensor.

Attached here is the link on the discussion.

Thanks for sharing your work. Hope to see more. :)

only if you would please read on what Ian has commented on the first page of that thread...

only if you would please read on what Ian has commented on the first page of that thread...

Yah, I think that is the main part that I like to highlight too. :)
However, it is really up the individual's decision. I have been using my cam for long exposure too but it is still ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.