[NIGHT MACRO - Exploration] McRitchie Reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoro

Dec 27, 2006
www.flickr.com
Dear all,

Following would be an explorotary night macro trip. The purpose of this trip would be to scout for location for future night macro trip and also to ascertain the geographical paths of the park at night.

Of course we would be doing a lot of macro shooting as well. Next week's Friday (The Stevewhy's Friday Night Special :p) night macro may be heading to McRitchie Reservoir if our exploratory outing proved successful.

Limited to 10Pax for crowd control and easy tracking

Meeting location : McRitchie Reservoir Car Park
TIme : 7:30 PM
Date : May 01, 2009 (Friday Night)
Duration : 7:30 PM till 12 AM

Please bring water, especially after heavy rain in the afternoon (most ideal condition for night macro) the humidity is so high, you can't imagine how much sweat you loose in a short while.

Please bring a bright torch light - Its never too bright - Flooders are encouraged, throwers are welcomed too (Will elaborate further this Friday)

If it rains - Please contact me, we will see and evaluate, its afterall exploratory.

Code:
1) Strict self discipline and respect for the environment
2) Avoid disturbing the nocturnal insects
3) Participants are responsible for their own actions and consequences thereafter
4) A bright and lasting flash light
5) Macro lens or camera with sufficient macro / close-up capabilities
6) Water
7) Long pants and proper foot wear
8) Insect repellent

Kindly PM me

>> your nick, your name and your mobile no.

Let the list begin

1) neoro
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

your nick, your name and your mobile no.

Let the list begin

1) neoro
2) Glenn (You Know already);p
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Dear all,

Following would be an explorotary night macro trip. The purpose of this trip would be to scout for location for future night macro trip and also to ascertain the geographical paths of the park at night.

Of course we would be doing a lot of macro shooting as well. Next week's Friday (The Stevewhy's Friday Night Special :p) night macro may be heading to McRitchie Reservoir if our exploratory outing proved successful.

Please bring water, especially after heavy rain in the afternoon (most ideal condition for night macro) the humidity is so high, you can't imagine how much sweat you loose in a short while.

Please bring a bright torch light - Its never too bright - Flooders are encouraged, throwers are welcomed too (Will elaborate further this Friday)

If it rains - Please contact me, we will see and evaluate, its afterall exploratory.

Code:
3) Participants are responsible for their own actions and consequences thereafter
6) Water
8) Insect repellent

Kindly PM me

Let the list begin

1) neoro
2) Glenn (You Know already)
4) tagorean
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Dear all,

Code:
6) Water
8) Insect repellent

Kindly PM me

Let the list begin

1) neoro
4) tagorean
5) wwjd82
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Dear all,

Code:
6) Water
8) Insect repellentKindly PM me

Let the list begin

1) neoro
4) tagorean
5) wwjd82
6) Darren (newbie)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Last edited:
Dear all,

Code:
6) Water

Let the list begin

1) neoro
4) tagorean
5) wwjd82
6) Darren (newbie)
7) lancer517
8)
9)
10)

Dear all,

Code:
6) Water

Let the list begin

1) neoro
4) tagorean
5) wwjd82
6) Darren (newbie)
7) lancer517
8) Gambino7 (1)(newbie)
9) Gambino7 (2)(newbie)
10)Gambino7 (3)(newbie)

Dear all,

Code:
6) Water

Let the list begin

1) neoro
4) tagorean
5) wwjd82
6) Darren (newbie)
7) lancer517
8) Gambino7 (1)(newbie)
9) Gambino7 (2)(newbie)
10)Gambino7 (3)(newbie)
11) Nokkieg (opps, a bit late. Join the queue in case someone drops out.)

Hi all, just to highlight to first time night macro-ers, you'll need to bring along a really STRONG torch, those with at least 3 white-light LED or brighter. You'll need it to focus. I made that mistake on my first night trip.

Look forward to meeting up with all tmr night.

Hi all, just to highlight to first time night macro-ers, you'll need to bring along a really STRONG torch, those with at least 3 white-light LED or brighter. You'll need it to focus. I made that mistake on my first night trip.

Look forward to meeting up with all tmr night.

Hi, had Pm-ed TS that will be joining for the first time tomorrow...very excited to tag along!!..I tried to velcro 2 LED torch lights to my lens to aid in viewing for focus...tests done at home is good so far...I'm using extension tube for my macro and there's a lot of loss in light...will be extra kiasu and bring handheld torch plus one strapped to head....should that be sufficient?

Hi, had Pm-ed TS that will be joining for the first time tomorrow...very excited to tag along!!..I tried to velcro 2 LED torch lights to my lens to aid in viewing for focus...tests done at home is good so far...I'm using extension tube for my macro and there's a lot of loss in light...will be extra kiasu and bring handheld torch plus one strapped to head....should that be sufficient?

we will know tomorrow :p

I will light up the entire area for you , don't worry :p

opps too late again.....!

we will know tomorrow :p

I will light up the entire area for you , don't worry :p

Are you bringing down the flood lights dismantled from Kallang Stadium?

Are you bringing down the flood lights dismantled from Kallang Stadium?

nah.. just a normal flash light :p but bright enough to shoot I guess

so guys / gals :p

see you there later :p

3470807497_bf7e40c300_o.jpg

Hi All.... Sorry I couldn't make it due to some personal stuffs need to settle. Interested person can replace me. Will join u guys for the next outing.

Status
Not open for further replies.