Night lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

bja

Nov 28, 2002
Singapore!
www.flickr.com
Hi guys, as usual, comments are more than appreciated..... need alot more practise to improve so let me know how I can achieve that.....

some night shots from my last tokyo

Tokyo_Night_Scene_Tokyo_t.jpg

Tokyo_night_scene_violet.jpg

Tokyo_night_scene_2.jpg

sky is totally dark, no details, no help in bring out the photo.

secondly, becos of the dark skies, details of buildings seems to merge with the skies, if you agree, you cant see the outlines of the buildings right?

the photos basically shows tiny lights overall, nothing really special.

YOu might wana try to expose longer (i am not sure if it will work), it can look like morning shot if expose for very long....but then again, the lights of the buildings might be over expose (which might give you some other effects,,)..

just some comments, hope it helps.....

Please correct me if I'm wrong... but the view seems to be from this 52nd floor of the Roppongi Hills building right? Tripod wasn't allowed when I was up there last Dec... So long exposure was not possible... I had to lean against the glass window to stablise myself then...

But your pics look sharp enough... if u didn't use tripod, that is... :thumbsup: :) Love the cresent too... Lovely...

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments.....

iceberg: actually i was trying to do something funny.... I changed the background to make it a little violet... guess didn't exactly work but anyway here's the original...

Tokyo_night_scene.sized.jpg

MatthewSCL: Agree that that not much details on the buildings.... but I think exposing it for a longer time would have overexposed the building lights abit too much coz this exposure is already about 4 secs. Well I guess I went there too late... should have gone there earlier in the evening but no time! :cry: was on business trip... Anyway comments are definitely appreciated!

Jia Wang: eh actually it was from the Tokyo Metropolitan building? Don't think it's in Roppongi? Hmm I might be wrong but I walked from Shinjuku area... hmmm :dunno: Anyway yea no tripods allowed so I had to really rely on my hands and the window ledge that so many people are sitting on!! :confused:

A pity u could not get a picture earlier in the day for pic #1.. that clock tower is the NTT Do Co Mo building and it looks so cool in it's slate colour... my own shots had too much shake to share.. :embrass: Some twilight in the sky would have been nice...

Tokyo gives new meaning to 'concrete jungle' I think...

bja said:
Jia Wang: eh actually it was from the Tokyo Metropolitan building? Don't think it's in Roppongi? Hmm I might be wrong but I walked from Shinjuku area... hmmm :dunno: Anyway yea no tripods allowed so I had to really rely on my hands and the window ledge that so many people are sitting on!! :confused:

Oops... heheh, no wonder your first two shots didn't look familiar... but the view from Roppongi looks just like your 3rd shot... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.