Night is approaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoracle

Oct 23, 2007
West Side...
labrador-night-aproaching.jpg

Hi. Was trying landscape shooting and a bit too late to catch the sunset. So decided to take this shot instead. Picture shows the horizon where night is approaching. Would like to know if the composition and everything else are alrite.. A lil bit of pp was done to the pic.. Thanks!

IHMO..
there's nothing wrong with the pic but there's also nothing to "wow" about.
composition wise, you might wanna position the bridge at the 1/3 area of the photo following the rule of thirds.

just my 2 cents

IHMO..
there's nothing wrong with the pic but there's also nothing to "wow" about.
composition wise, you might wanna position the bridge at the 1/3 area of the photo following the rule of thirds.

just my 2 cents

Roger that! Thanks..

Looks okay, I think the positioning is alright, because there's not much highlights in this picture, in fact the reflection of the lights in the water makes it look more attractive.

thanks for the input.. really need to work with composition..

Great pic. I would be happy to capture a photo like that.
The glitter in the water is beautiful, and the top portion of the sky is plain. So to improve the pic I would crop away the top of the sky using the 1/3 rule.

i feel

1) it might be better if get rid of the 2 black patch in the sky.

2) it work either better with less water / less sky. no like not here not there.

Great pic. I would be happy to capture a photo like that.
The glitter in the water is beautiful, and the top portion of the sky is plain. So to improve the pic I would crop away the top of the sky using the 1/3 rule.

thanx southundeep..

i feel

1) it might be better if get rid of the 2 black patch in the sky.

2) it work either better with less water / less sky. no like not here not there.

1) maybe i might get rid of the two black cloud

2) guess i might crop out the sky like southundeep had said.. dont wanna lost the details of the reflection of the light

thanx for the comments dennis! :)

imo you've just divided the photo into two halves - sky and sea. which means 1/2 the attention is given to the sky and the other to the sea, bringing attention away from the center. cropping the bottom part out would improve the composition, as it's rather empty below (compared to the sky). :)

imo you've just divided the photo into two halves - sky and sea. which means 1/2 the attention is given to the sky and the other to the sea, bringing attention away from the center. cropping the bottom part out would improve the composition, as it's rather empty below (compared to the sky). :)

thanx buggy for ur comments.. i will try to improve my composition for my future shots..

Just my 2 cents.

Too much water. Rules of third.

Horizon "cuts" or link with the subject which in this instance, the bridge.

Overall, a very good effort with nice exposure and feel.

Just my 2 cents.

Too much water. Rules of third.

Horizon "cuts" or link with the subject which in this instance, the bridge.

Overall, a very good effort with nice exposure and feel.

thanx freddie! yup, rules of third.. must always keep them in mind..

Status
Not open for further replies.