www.flickr.com
#1 pose!
87680483_b0c683ede0.jpg

#2 peeping
87680484_b4332b069c.jpg

#3 here I am
87680485_9a73cc6b10.jpg

first noobies night trial with my FZ20 (upgraded from Canon A520)... :cool:
please give some comments to improve my shots... :)

although not as good as master's bird's photography today... :embrass: please do give some comments... even harsh critique will be swallowed gratefully ;)

Hi Daden,

Good series, as it goes well with the caption. My personal preference for pic 1 would to have a tighter crop, forget about trying to get the tail into the frame. Afterall the tail is already out of focus and it is not possible to get it sharp unless you sacrifice a smaller aperture for less speed (not possible cos at night low light etc). I have taken the liberty to give you an example from your pic. This is how I would compose my pic, I have cropped it and given a bit more space for the subject on the right. (PS - This is how I would interpret this pic, though not necessary the way or right way) - (I needed to clone more space in this example just to show that more space is needed on the right)

54977628.jpg

As for the second and third pic, try to get down to the same level of the lizard, you will give more impact and present a view from the subject level. Go figure out yourself on how you can improve on the composition. After all self discovery learning is the best way.

Thanks for sharing and I am sure with more practice you will be producing great shots.

Cheers

PE

Thank you for the kind comments... Seen your wonderful gallery at PBase, draw a lot of inspiration there...;) Thanks!:)

Yea noramlly built in flahses tend to be a little harsh. If you are close to the subject try using paper ir translucent plastic to diffuse it a little..

Status
Not open for further replies.