Night Festival (18-19, 25-26 July)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!! Will be there! ;)

will be there tml~

Ah. I was at the preps. A photo I casually took on my D80. Lols.

DSC_0121_resize_watermark.jpg

So which place would be a good location to set up stuff? and what lens do you think we would need?

Lol. Although it has fantastic light display, i think what a good photographer needs for this event is either...
  1. Very steady hands, or...
  2. A good tripod
Haha seriously. I saw spectecular dancers and the display they had on Wednesday. It'll be a real pity if 9 out of 10 shots are blurred because the photographer buay steady enough. :bsmilie:

I used a D80 with a tamron24-135. No tripod! A high ISO will probably aid a little. But nothing like a f1.8 or f1.4 to save your arms.

Anyway I'll be there tomorrow (Sat) night.

Eh. Oh ya. Not trying to sound like a total noob, but any place is a good place. It spans across SMU Campus Green as well as the front of the NSM. And I believe Stamford Road will be closed for the whole Festival, until around 2am. =D

Just be careful not to bump into other ppl while trying to find good spots. Hee.:angel:

Having just been there today, here are some pointers for those who are going down to shoot:

1. Lenses. I think a good lens to use will be a 80-200mm F2.8 lens. I was shooting at F2.8 most of the time with my 105mm (dunt have a 80-200mm :bsmilie:). I wish I had a slightly longer lens to shoot some stuff though.

2. No flash photography technically (though I saw lots of flashes from PnS cameras) during the aerial displays.

3. Location: You want to be DIRECTLY across Stamford Road (on SMU side) directly opposite the entrance to the museum. This gives you the BEST view, because most of the performances take that as the center-stage. You also want to set up camp early (at least 30 minutes early), because there are SOOOOOO MANY people!

A tripod will be useful, but not essential in my opinion (shoot at ISO400/800!)

I haven't got fantastic shots unfortunately because I arrived a little late and didn't know what the hell was going on..... ;p so go early and chope space. Look out for my tissue-paper choped space tomorrow! :bsmilie:

just came back from the display... too bad it was drizzling and delayed the event. the space opposite the museum is good, but do avoid the trees.

Can someone please tell where I might find the sountracks for the music featured in this event? TIA:)

one of the songs....a famous one....Nessun Dorma...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VATmgtmR5o4

Yep, that I know.. it's from Turandot ................ sung by Placido Domingo .........:thumbsup:

Any more .... wanna relive this wonderful event all over again in the comfort of my living room while looking at my pictures on a HD TV ;)

Can someone please tell where I might find the sountracks for the music featured in this event? TIA:)
Yes, me too, I want to know the name of a particular track, played during the Part II of the Studio Festi performance at the SMU grounds when the lady performance artiste was dancing and swimming in the 'bowl' of water...it was an absolutely beautiful and uplifting piece and perfectly suited her performance!! Anyone knows? Please share! TIA!

I even tried Googling "studio festi soundtrack" but no luck. Haha... But yeah, the songs throughout were really nice.

Anyone knows the title track for the opening sequence ? ;)

Hey, what's going to happen for the Night Festival on 25th and 26th? Would there be events at the national museum or is it just a party at Zouk?

Hey, what's going to happen for the Night Festival on 25th and 26th? Would there be events at the national museum or is it just a party at Zouk?

its a party by Zouk at the museum grounds if im not worng, first time its held outside the club...check the museum website for more details

Status
Not open for further replies.