Night/Dim light photo shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

commander

Aug 25, 2004
hi all,

i am using a Panasonic FZ 5 and facing a very big problem.

under dim light the camera cannot focus well and even if it does, the photos taken are distorted, blur and all kind of funny things.

can anyone pls advise me the proper to take night/ dim light shots?

thanks!!!

All digital cameras have the same behaviours in low lighting :
- cannot focus well
- distorted photos
- blur

You have to turn on the internal flash or use external flash.

Hi commander, well i used to face the same problem as u before as i also own a Pana FZ5 and i am still proud of it. well as in low light, we can't see nuts in the evf and the lcd, focusing and the faming problem becomes rather serious. However, i have got this crazy idea that works for mi. Get youself a rather powerful led torch, i got one at onli 8 bucks at beach road which has a cool 9 bulbs or somepowerful torch. when you wanna take the picture, shine the torch at you subj, (haha try to avoid the face) and half press the shutter to focus.the torch acts like the orange focus beam that the camera uses onli stronger. u can see a bright patch of light on the evf or lcd screen. Use it to assis u to frame the picture.

u can also get a slave flash like the emoblitz one which i have pics of it posted up on my blog at the link at my signature. hope this helps.!!

Looks like the flash is selling well at AP? :bsmilie:

xiaowugui82 said:
Hi commander, well i used to face the same problem as u before as i also own a Pana FZ5 and i am still proud of it. well as in low light, we can't see nuts in the evf and the lcd, focusing and the faming problem becomes rather serious. However, i have got this crazy idea that works for mi. Get youself a rather powerful led torch, i got one at onli 8 bucks at beach road which has a cool 9 bulbs or somepowerful torch. when you wanna take the picture, shine the torch at you subj, (haha try to avoid the face) and half press the shutter to focus.the torch acts like the orange focus beam that the camera uses onli stronger. u can see a bright patch of light on the evf or lcd screen. Use it to assis u to frame the picture.

u can also get a slave flash like the emoblitz one which i have pics of it posted up on my blog at the link at my signature. hope this helps.!!

Wow...hand mount AF-assist lamp. Good idea!! :thumbsup:
Hehehe... :bsmilie:
I will try that one of these days with my FZ10 too.

mayb some1 can d.i.y. a devise to secure ur flashlight? :bigeyes:

4 a reasonable cost?...

sORe-EyEz said:
mayb some1 can d.i.y. a devise to secure ur flashlight? :bigeyes:

4 a reasonable cost?...

No need lah, got videocam? Most manufacturers sell lights that mount on shoe.
Buy the bracket, mount the video light on the bracket then to cam lor. Cam
these days, cheap or not usually got screw mount at the bottom.:sweatsm:

Expensive option though.:eek:

ooh?... :bigeyes:

i nv tot of video lights, thanks 4 sharing d info. might b using 2 me some day...:think:

there used to be a web page for tricks with the fuji4900/6900 to add a DIY af assist light with a button you can press to turn on the light. Simliar theory to what xiaowugui82 suggested.. only that the LED lamp fixed onto your cam and you can look thru the VF to aim, use finger to activate 'AF assist'

xiaowugui82 said:

But when you use the torch to light up your subject for focusing, wouldn't that also screw up the light metering?
ne_nau.gif

can add 1-3 stops more exposure to compensate de mah...:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.