Night and Day

blacvios

Jan 25, 2005
5070302679_658475d832_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, exposure, framing
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To illustrate the contrast between the right and left of the picture.
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Taken in the daytime, captured the moment of difference in weather of the dark clouds and bright sun
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I would say the scene shows the contrast between light and darkness

1. I really like the grainy quality of the photo which gives a moody feeling.

2. Tonal contrast... which looks okay... the highlights, midtones and shadows are there... but just one thing that erks me here is that the jetty side is so dark that it merges with the sea. Then again...maybe this is how it should be...anyone else has any suggestion for this?

3. Composition wise.... the rules of third should be apply here and it shouldn't be half sky half sea.... the leading lines are there but it just did not quite work out. Probably it need to cut the frame by at least 2 third or the whole photo....you have to reshoot it to see for sure which is better....

Marvelous background. But something to captivate is missing from the foreground

1. I really like the grainy quality of the photo which gives a moody feeling.

2. Tonal contrast... which looks okay... the highlights, midtones and shadows are there... but just one thing that erks me here is that the jetty side is so dark that it merges with the sea. Then again...maybe this is how it should be...anyone else has any suggestion for this?

3. Composition wise.... the rules of third should be apply here and it shouldn't be half sky half sea.... the leading lines are there but it just did not quite work out. Probably it need to cut the frame by at least 2 third or the whole photo....you have to reshoot it to see for sure which is better....

Thanks for the great critique, first time shooting at this focal length. I think will try portrait instead of landscape, the composition will be much stronger

Marvelous background. But something to captivate is missing from the foreground

I concur that the foreground is a bit boring, may improve with cropping out the first lookout point.