Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramadhan

Aug 18, 2008
Choa Chu Kang
hie all...

i juz bought the EOS 1000D...my first dslr

tinkin to buy speedlite...

any advise on wat to lookout for,hw to test,which actually is gd to buy...

im currently lookin @ speedlite 430EX II...

i've look at the classifieds section but find it a bit confusing as CSers r sellin 430EX...

nid ur advise honestly...

Make yourself familiar with the basic terms of flash. Without some basic knowledge you can't do any proper decision. Read here: http://www.photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/
In addition you might need to read and work through the Newbie Guide here. You must know WHY you want to have a flash. Just for the sake of having external flash it's wasting money.
Btw: 430II is the new model (also called 'mark II') whereas the people in B&S are offering the previous model 430 (maybe in order to get the newer one or to change to another model).

wat are the things u most normally shoot?

if u are new to photography, suggest u concentrate on natural light photography to learn the basic 1st.

DSLR can change ISO in an instance, so photography w/o flash is possible in most instance.

thnx octarine...
the reason i want to buy the flash is bcoz of dissatisfaction in the built iin flash...
especially when taking grp photos...

thnx attap seed

i nt sure myself wat im goint to shoot mainly

bt when the camera is in my hands,i particularly shoot everything that i want...hahaha...

abt the natural light,i will still learn too...

nvm,i will learn as much as i cn...

thnx octarine...
the reason i want to buy the flash is bcoz of dissatisfaction in the built iin flash...
especially when taking grp photos...

the pop up flash is indeed limiting. not so much as not powerful enough, but cus u cant tilt it, which can result in some harsh shadows.

but flash is something where a little goes a long way.

for group photo, try not to use flash as the primary light source. dun be afraid to dial up the ISO to 800/1000, and let the built in flash fill in the shadow and add the sparkle to ppl's eyes.

if u are unsure if u need something, dun buy first.

go shoot, then decide.

keep shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.