Nid abit help on this comp. problem i faced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennyong

May 2, 2004
Singapore
recently got a logitec webcam. its a logitech quickcam express.

but it doenst have a programme to run it of some sort la.. so i tried playing webcam via msn, but cant.. it shows a blank black screen... how guys ??

glen ah, u try to download the driver from the website lor. alternatively, adjust ur webcam settings under tools->webcam settings under ur msn lor...

jonlou! i tried liaoz.. still cant... cham la.. still figuring out the problems..

glennyong said:
jonlou! i tried liaoz.. still cant... cham la.. still figuring out the problems..

plug out ur cam.
restart ur comp.
plug in ur cam.

then see ur PC got auto recognize the cam or not. by right the cam package shd at least give u a driver for windows 98 buyers....

Did u install the software first and then plug-in the webcam? Maybe it might work this way? Is your USB port functioning properly?

Pro Image said:
Did u install the software first and then plug-in the webcam? Maybe it might work this way? Is your USB port functioning properly?

no software leh bro... juz the cam... :dunno: USB is fine.. tested using it to read CFs.. hahaa

glennyong said:
no software leh bro... juz the cam... :dunno: USB is fine.. tested using it to read CFs.. hahaa

can it detect your webcam as jonlou mentioned?

Pro Image said:
can it detect your webcam as jonlou mentioned?

ya.. tats why the black screen mah... hmmz.... macam static..

glennyong said:
ya.. tats why the black screen mah... hmmz.... macam static..

Hmm....so it can detect. Now blank black screen......Able to adjust the exposure?

its not juz black ya noe.. its like fuzzy pic.... macam noise like that.. static one...

ok plug out your cam,install the driver.
switch off com,plug in cam then switch on com.

Let see how it work out.

zaxh81 said:
ok plug out your cam,install the driver.
switch off com,plug in cam then switch on com.

Let see how it work out.

wha........ very complicated, hmmmm... one problem. the cam. not on my This comp.. its on another newer computer. BUT its in chinese !! Chinese XP.. so erm... i will have to take loads to time to navigate around... i cant realli read chinese also... hahaha.. banana-man i am..

XP chinese?haha,thats new to me.

Think you may be able to change the language from the language bar,it's on the lower right corner,a blue square with some lettering in it.
Or you may change it in start->control panel->Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options

Hope it's able to help.Banana man?no lah,now you very famous in CS liao. :bsmilie:

i am nothing in cs la pls.. hey.. i can see myself on the comp le.. but then.. when i use it on msn.. the other opposite user macam watching tv.. black screen and erm.. yah ... static looking like screen.... and they complaining to me that they are watching tv.. haha.. hw ?

glennyong said:
i am nothing in cs la pls.. hey.. i can see myself on the comp le.. but then.. when i use it on msn.. the other opposite user macam watching tv.. black screen and erm.. yah ... static looking like screen.... and they complaining to me that they are watching tv.. haha.. hw ?

it could have something to do with the setting on msn.Maybe on his part?
Try to play around with your setting also.Is the opposite on dial up?

zaxh81 said:
it could have something to do with the setting on msn.Maybe on his part?
Try to play around with your setting also.Is the opposite on dial up?

no.. DSL

Got 2 of my friends using this cam (BF / GF actually) ...

You definitely need to install drivers from logitech.

Remove the cam from your PC .... remove whateversoftwareyouhaveinstalled.

Install the logitech's original software / drivers. Reboot your PC with the webcam plugged in. Should work. Did that for my friends' 2 PCs. Both works fine.

ok can liao.. now pple admiring at my botak head... thanks guys !!!! lol..

thanks alot !!!

problem wouldnt be solved without u guys !

Status
Not open for further replies.