Nicole Highway incidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
from pic no2 it seems people have abandoned their cars already..

Jazer said:
Channel news asia is doing a terrible job reporting though . ugh .

Actually the two of them are pretty entertaining, in a WilliamHung-esque kind of way.

"We now have on the line, Michelle, who is in Suntec City. Michelle, are you still on the line?"

"Yes."

"Can you describe the scene from where you are?"

"Like I was saying earlier, I can't really see anything."

"Thank you, Michelle".

And of course, the classic question after the Singapore Power spokesman related how they restored power and shut off the gas within 20 min:

"So, do you think these blackouts will occur very often?"

(Pregnant pause)

"The cause of the blackout was the road collapse. I think we have to wait for them to investigate the cause first."

My wife found me rolling around on the floor after that one.

327_2750.jpg

327_2751.jpg

327_2753.jpg

327_2754.jpg

327_2760.jpg

got terrorist or not? :think:

1 dead, 3 injured, 3 missing.
And I think the news transmittion is very bad because they are definitely not prepared for such things...so in terms of news reporting, keep cocking up loh

I got pixs, but cannot and dun know how to post here leh.

StreetShooter said:
Actually the two of them are pretty entertaining, in a WilliamHung-esque kind of way.

"We now have on the line, Michelle, who is in Suntec City. Michelle, are you still on the line?"

"Yes."

"Can you describe the scene from where you are?"

"Like I was saying earlier, I can't really see anything."

"Thank you, Michelle".

And of course, the classic question after the Singapore Power spokesman related how they restored power and shut off the gas within 20 min:

"So, do you think these blackouts will occur very often?"

(Pregnant pause)

"The cause of the blackout was the road collapse. I think we have to wait for them to investigate the cause first."

My wife found me rolling around on the floor after that one.

:sweatsm: :sweatsm: ROTFL ..

i have one that i was knocked me off the chair ....

CNA : "Mr Ho (i forgot his real name) is an eye witness to the event. Thank u Mr Ho for joining us , can u tell us what happened or what u saw"

Mr Ho : "I'm about 400m away from the site when it happened"

CNA : (hesitant) " What did u see ?"

Mr Ho :" By the Time i got there the police cordoned off the area"

CNA : " Thank u MR HO .." ( DOH! )

Linkster said:
did anyone realise that the caving in area is reclaimed land? :think:

apparently, one of the tunnel walls gave way. some civil engineer is going to get it big time.

LTA's initial assessment showed that the soil subsidence that affected Nicoll Highway was caused by the collapse of the temporary wall supporting the excavation site for the tunnels leading towards the Nicoll Highway MRT Station along Circle Line Stage 1. No motorists were travelling along Nicoll Highway when the incident occurred.

Members of public can also refer to the LTA website for the full press release and updates.

For more information please click http://app.lta.gov.sg/corp_press_content.asp?start=1001

Linkster said:
No motorists were travelling along Nicoll Highway when the incident occurred.

that's lucky... can you imagine the situation if that happens during evening peak hour?

if there was a superbus loaded full of passengers on that stretch when the road gave in... that would have been really horrid.

this is indeed a sad sight.

But how many of you really wished that you were there with your camera when the incident happened?

area affected is actually size of 2 football fields! At least that's what the news reports said last night. The basketball court description probably applied only to the cave in at the highway instead of the entire area that caved in. Besides, it seems that the cave in area grew by quite a bit after the initial cave in, hence the basketball court description may have been accurate for a moment of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.