nice skin color. How to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

groupwest

Nov 16, 2003
Visit site
What's the trick to take this kind of photos:

For the first one, the colour (especially the skin) is so nice. is it the professional film ? or filter ?

For the second one, is it the lightings (studio type, very expensive),
the thick make up, bright lens, or the film ?

view.html

view.html

Your expert advice is appreciated.

depends if its digital or not....... ;p

Octopuz said:
What the diff in color between digital and analog photo? :dunno:

hmmm.....digital - using modern ENHANCED technology to create sharper, neater, clearer and of course, better pictures. + on top of the technology comes NEATER technologies like XD cards, SD cards, memory sticks blar blar where by all the pictures will be stored in.

analogue is where by u stick by the good old analogue SLRs to take pictures. shooting them on FILMS where by the only way to view them, whether nice or blurred, is to DEVELOP ALL OF THEM. :sweat: quite costly, but then again, if u are a pro-photographer the good old SLR is still the best. :bsmilie:

hope this clarifies ur doubt.

jonlou said:
hmmm.....digital - using modern ENHANCED technology to create sharper, neater, clearer and of course, better pictures. + on top of the technology comes NEATER technologies like XD cards, SD cards, memory sticks blar blar where by all the pictures will be stored in.

analogue is where by u stick by the good old analogue SLRs to take pictures. shooting them on FILMS where by the only way to view them, whether nice or blurred, is to DEVELOP ALL OF THEM. :sweat: quite costly, but then again, if u are a pro-photographer the good old SLR is still the best. :bsmilie:

hope this clarifies ur doubt.

For print films, you need to expose onto paper to see, while for slide films you just need to develop it.

A pro-photographer have different cameras for different occassions.

Not an expert. But can offer some opinions.
For both pics, the person has done ps on the skin. The first one is overly done, some details were lost. Second is done better, looks more natural. The girl is the 2nd pic is a famous singer in Japan, those pictorial book pics are always touched up to make them look better.

HI...so much on skin tone...so can the professional portrait film from Kodak or fuji produce the same effect?

and how can i get richer and brighter colour saturation from normal film?will exposure play a part(by overexposed or underexposed the shot)?

thx for sharing.... ;)

I just tried neatimage. not bad.
it can produce that nice skin tone.
i never try the pro film. too expensive.
If I took a nice picture taken using film. I will scan it then increase the saturation, sharpen, the print again to 8R.
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

From my point of view,

Pic 1: Done on photoshop, with blur applied to the skin areas. The skin tones could easily be adjusted too. Next time try adjusting the Hue under the Saturation option in PS for red and yellow, you will see that you can achieve quite a wide range of skin tones actually. The alternative is to use low contrast protrait films like NPH or NPC.

Pic 2: It's a combination of Aya's natural good complexion, makeup and the studio setup. I've seen Aya Matsuura up close at an appearance, there's no doubt that her complexion is clear and fair. But whatever that's not prefect, you can conceal it with make-up. And the studio setting in the picture looks very high key, so there might be some details loss in the skin tone too.

groupwest said:
What's the trick to take this kind of photos:

For the first one, the colour (especially the skin) is so nice. is it the professional film ? or filter ?

For the second one, is it the lightings (studio type, very expensive),
the thick make up, bright lens, or the film ?

view.html

view.html

Your expert advice is appreciated.

I think photoshop is able to create that "glamour" skin tone, by applying gaussian blur then using the history palette to erase the blur areas( other than the skin) to get back some picture sharpness.

ST_sg said:
Care to share what's neat image? software?
Any URL?

Thanks.

NeatImage is a s/w to remove digital noise in photos - some details might be lost in the process and hence it results in a softer image.

www.neatimage.com

Status
Not open for further replies.