Nice restaurants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

horizoner

Deregistered
May 30, 2003
Visit site
Hi everyone,

do u all know any restaurants/eating place in singapore with good service and acceptable ambience to recommend? need to plan for V-Day :)

best is u cook for ur partner.

if muz go restaurant, i go to Tony Roma's.

black angus at one fullerton
though serving are big!!!

hey
u eating vege only ah?
lolz!!!

i remembered few yrs back, mi ex brought mi there for dinner.. on his bday! and they even took a pic of us and pinned on the board!
:bsmilie:

buko nero. :thumbsup: but u need at least 2 weeks booking in advance. hope this helps :)

Japanese:
Ikukan (club street)
Yamagen (Paragon)
Akashi (Paragon)
Shiro

Chinese is a no-no.

Western
(holland v)
Michaelangelo
original sin
petit salut
da paolo
(orchard)
Mezza9

there are more, i just can't rem them now...

alternatively, Tanglin Club has the absolute BEST Roast Beef in Town. Prime Rib, not Sirloin.

or The Lighthouse. lolz~ u'll never forget it. esp the bill. ^_^

but somehow, i'd rather eat somewhere else during V-day. its so irritatingly crowded. ^_^

Mystix said:
buko nero. :thumbsup: but u need at least 2 weeks booking in advance. hope this helps :)
i 2nd that. Buko Nero is shiokerdoos. :D

The Tavern, at River Valley Road (near Mohd Sultan) is also good if you like steaks.

ehe~ i have bland tastebuds but i recall @esplanade 2nd level ther's this jp restaurant. the food/mood/everything seems :thumbsup:

South Dove at Great World City.......

Coachman Inn (still around)? I enjoyed the latter very much, with violinists available....candlelight dinner....absolutely great view....but too bad the branch at PSA closed.....else if you want privacy and romance,...that's the place....maybe you like to check out whether there are other coachman inn branches ...

Raffles Marina.....(foodwise....not sure...but if you want a nice stroll with a fantastic sea view....and priavcy....hee....that's the place...but you will need a car...hey...this also ensures that your other half can't run away with you...hee...)

wow wow ... so many options now that i'm spoilt for choices .. haha

hey everyone who responded .. thanks a millions :) will go and recee those places ....

garvinchow said:
South Dove at Great World City.......

Coachman Inn (still around)? I enjoyed the latter very much, with violinists available....candlelight dinner....absolutely great view....but too bad the branch at PSA closed.....else if you want privacy and romance,...that's the place....maybe you like to check out whether there are other coachman inn branches ...

Raffles Marina.....(foodwise....not sure...but if you want a nice stroll with a fantastic sea view....and priavcy....hee....that's the place...but you will need a car...hey...this also ensures that your other half can't run away with you...hee...)
lolz!
its south cove!!! and their cesar salad is really fantastic!! but too bad... they closed down 2 yrs back and it has become country mana....

as for raffles marina... so so nia.. if u r toking abt their alfresco dining... ah fu chicken rice not bad lah.. but not worth the money.. but can try their chendol.. whoooooooooo... slurp...

their yatch dock is sure lomantic though it looks normal to mi cuz ive been working ard tt area for years... lolz!!!!

RuthBaby said:
lolz!
its south cove!!! and their cesar salad is really fantastic!! but too bad... they closed down 2 yrs back and it has become country mana....

as for raffles marina... so so nia.. if u r toking abt their alfresco dining... ah fu chicken rice not bad lah.. but not worth the money.. but can try their chendol.. whoooooooooo... slurp...

their yatch dock is sure lomantic though it looks normal to mi cuz ive been working ard tt area for years... lolz!!!!

Oh yeah. Thanks Ruthbaby! I must have been thinking too much about the bird flu thingy....whether they will start killing doves after chicken.....hee...hee...hee...

If you have deep pockets, you may like to consider Top of the 'M'. Great place but I walked out feeling empty.....ha ha ha

Linkster said:
nobody suggested lawry's?

hmm.. too high class for us? and the parking at paragon is exotic!!!

i have been to Lawry 2 occasion. It is a bit classy. i would say it is more suitable for business dinner and the ambience is a bit serious. I meant not a place u can relax and talk loudly and laugh for fun. In additional, besides of the way they serve salad and the steak is quite nice, other foods are average.

If u want some fancy stuff and great ambience for V Day. I really recommend Saint Pierrer, French Restaurant.

cos lawry is overpriced for the quality of food you get. only go there if u like the atmosphere, which is v. classy I guess. *shrugs*

Pasta Brava off Tanjong Pagar, Craig Road. Excellent authentic Italian food at not too frightening prices...

Ikukan at Mohammad Ali Lane off Club Street is very very good. Japanese grill and fab presentation. Tad expensive too.

Senso at Club Street. Very chic and expensive. Romance guaranteed.

Wonder if they still have the cable car dinners...

Think underwater world at Sentosa used to have V'Day dinner...

Pack a picnic basket, a bottle of wine with wine glasses and a couple of candles and head to some deserted beach is the best idea heh heh... under the stars, hear the waves, feel the breeze...and hopefully u remember to eat your dinner haha

Just my limited 2 cents..

For Turkish food, you may want to go to Sofra's @ Beach Towers. They serve quite nice Turkish food at cheap prices (but may be a little too cheap for V. Day... heh.)

Ambience is quite good as well.

wong_se said:
i have been to Lawry 2 occasion. It is a bit classy. i would say it is more suitable for business dinner and the ambience is a bit serious. I meant not a place u can relax and talk loudly and laugh for fun. In additional, besides of the way they serve salad and the steak is quite nice, other foods are average.

If u want some fancy stuff and great ambience for V Day. I really recommend Saint Pierrer, French Restaurant.

not too classy lar ... if not every drop of a fork or clink on the glass will be so awkward. comfort is the most important .. good service as well.

personally i like Tao's Pacific Cuisine at Paradiz Center .. gd service and food. too bad i've brought my gf there b4 ..

Status
Not open for further replies.