Nice leather jacket for winter climate

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Hi guys! I'm looking around for a nice leather jacket for an overseas trip on 19th Jan 2009 for 7 days.

Which labels can I find nice and insulated ones? I've tried Zara and Wintertimes, both not too bad (~S$200-300) but I wish to check out some more before I purchase. Price doesn't really matter. :)

how cold is your winter?

if it is too cold, a leather jacket won't be enough, frankly.

how cold is your winter?

if it is too cold, a leather jacket won't be enough, frankly.

Not very cold, minimum temp around -10c... but average should be 0-5c.

I'm not really afraid of cold, I can wear more layers inside actually.

Unless it is the leather look you want, this down jacket is really super - I have gone to - 22 C with this and a sweater:

Description650-fill down and an angular internal quilt gives the men's Down Patrol - an on-hill puffy jacket - both stock warmth and distinctive style when skiing through brutal cold spells. Windstopper® Insulated Shells Microfiber repels storm systems at the shell, while 90-plus purity down retains both heat and loft longer than standard stuffing. Mesh-lined pit zips cool the core when spinning corduroy laps, a double-entry pocket provides stealth access to an emergency flask of Jager, and a front YKK® Vislon zip survives continuous ups and downs. Both the powder skirt and insulated hood shed quickly on bluebird days, while a longer cut keeps out fluff when digging deep.

Should cost < USD 250 online

Unless it is the leather look you want, this down jacket is really super - I have gone to - 22 C with this and a sweater:

Should cost < USD 250 online

Thanks Pete :)

Actually I have a down jacket, but I dont really like to wear it or bring it around because it's very bulky; that's why i'm looking for a leather jacket for it's look. :)

Where are you going? Is buying the jacket at your destination an option?

Not very cold, minimum temp around -10c... but average should be 0-5c.

I'm not really afraid of cold, I can wear more layers inside actually.

ah, yeah. then should be no problem, just layer properly.

i'm not sure what you can get in singapore.. since most of the brands here that would carry leather jackets may not have the same lineup in singapore, climates being different and all.

Timberland??

Where are you going? Is buying the jacket at your destination an option?

I'm going to Turkey, and I guess buying there is not an option because we wanna spend more time sightseeing..

ah, yeah. then should be no problem, just layer properly.

i'm not sure what you can get in singapore.. since most of the brands here that would carry leather jackets may not have the same lineup in singapore, climates being different and all.

1 termal + 1 sweater + 1 leather jacket enough? By the way, what kind of gloves to go with leather jacket? If I wear leather gloves, I guess it'll look pretty weird right? Like some sort of murderer :bsmilie:

Timberland??

Thanks, will go try

1 termal + 1 sweater + 1 leather jacket enough? By the way, what kind of gloves to go with leather jacket? If I wear leather gloves, I guess it'll look pretty weird right? Like some sort of murderer :bsmilie:

if I were you, I'd do away with the leather jacket and the thermals, and wear a thermal sweater of sorts (sweater layer, but it keeps warm up to single digits), and a windstopper layer on the top of that. makes it light, and easy to peel off layers as well.

the combination of tee shirt, sweater, windproof has survived me in until -10 temperatures before, up in the mountains over in Victoria, Australia. I am very very tolerant (in fact, some might say infatuated) with the cold, and have survived up to -20 in that said combination, albeit with a better sweater and windproof layer.

try doing that. cheaper on the wallet, plus you don't have to do any maintenance on the leather jacket when you no longer use it.

thinsulate should be alright. :) sounds alright to me, as long as your leather jacket has some form of insulation, and sweater is wool. i have never used thermals actually.

or you can stick your hands in your pockets all the time, that's what i do :bsmilie:

thinsulate should be alright. :) sounds alright to me, as long as your leather jacket has some form of insulation, and sweater is wool. i have never used thermals actually.

yes that's the sweater/thermal layer I was talking about. thinsulate. gah I am setting the track record of my life for forgetting things!

Status
Not open for further replies.