Ngee Ann Photography Competition & Exhibition 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantan

Oct 18, 2006
www.pbase.com
Went to the open judging on SAT, surprised that there are almost or more than 50% entries got disqualified for this competition..... so disappointing....
Is there something wrong with the instruction??????

Went to the open judging on SAT, surprised that there are almost or more than 50% entries got disqualified for this competition..... so disappointing....
Is there something wrong with the instruction??????

really, how did people get dq'ed?

wrong interpretation of themes?

I saw more than 5 boxes of entries lying on the other side of the floor. Based on rough estimation, it was around 50% of the qualified entries. We were told that those are disqualified for various reasons, but couldn't tell much because we didn't get a chance to find out more from the organiser.

It was delighted to know that there are many people interested and took the effort to submit their entries. But it was disappointing that so many entries didn't even get a chance to be judged.

Something must be wrong somewhere... maybe the instructions....

when i went to submit earlier, the guard at the counter chatted with me for a while, and he did mention that a lot of people didn't follow instructions, something like, never mount even, and they had to turn away a lot of submissions.

from what i heard, on the final day, there were more people submitting, so they possibly had no chance to reject wrongly done up entries

in any case, you can collect back your entries from my understanding, so no harm done. you can always bring the prints home for your own personal use, and there was no entry fee.

it is easy to point finger at organiser, but i think, most of the time, people don't bother to clarify. anyways, i did see some random entries on the internet when browsing.. some of them submitted photos that do not match the themes they were submitted under even loosely.....

Last edited:
I thought they checked the entries and give the numbers when you submitted right?
So actually those unacceptable ones could have been returned right away, and not waste anyone's time.

I thought they checked the entries and give the numbers when you submitted right?
So actually those unacceptable ones could have been returned right away, and not waste anyone's time.

the guard told me that they had turned away many

my friend went on the last day, said they just accepted quickly and mailed everyone the receipts because too many people submitting. i guess that's why. :)

No leh, i didt got anything :dunno:

They said will mail to me leh:think:

Yes. They will issue u a collection slip with a number on it, so that you can use the number to collect back your work.

Went there at about 4pm but the judging has already ended.

No leh, i didt got anything :dunno:

They said will mail to me leh:think:

Yes. They will issue u a collection slip with a number on it, so that you can use the number to collect back your work.

Went there at about 4pm but the judging has already ended.

By right should get receipt(participation number) .
Go ask them :p

Ya, i did ask them then they told me that they will mail it to me. So i thought that's their way of doing thing......:sweat:

just checked my mail box, they do mail it to me for the receipt slip......

Last edited:
oh this is the first year of Ngee Ann Photography Competition and Exhibition ah..
so are you guys going for the exhibition? 13th - 28th Jun
jio me leh, i also want to go. :)

any of you guys got an invitation to go for the opening next thurs 11 june??

I have received an email on my enquiry on when winners will be notified; according to them, winners should have received phone call.

So I guess, for those who didn't receive that call. All the best in the next competition :)

Quite obviously their instructions are a little erh. So ambiguous that directive for themes on a set of 4.

Got the invitation but no information of whether photos will be put up for exhibition.

Anyone got confirmation that your photos will be up at the exhibition?

Status
Not open for further replies.