Status
Not open for further replies.

Snappy99

Feb 11, 2008
Ngee Ann City Kindness CheerFest 2008
31 May - 1 June
(Sat & Sun)
6.00pm – 9.00pm

26 teams from the primary, secondary, tertiary schools and clubs will pit their wit and skill in our inaugural cheerleading competition. From the bright faces, warm smiles and endearing routines of the little ones, to the heart-stopping stunts and energetic routines of the young cheerleaders, you will be thoroughly entertained.

Bring your family and join us for this exciting 2-day event at the Civic Plaza, Ngee Ann City. And you can be part of the action too by voting in your favourite team!

Another Quality Event by Ngee Ann City.

ppl is this event confirmed???????????????:)

will there be like official passes for photographers.
and also this kind of event, flash confirm not allowed right.

not too sure ...maybe if somebody here can comment

time to jack up ISO if no flash allowed

Hi all! the event is confirmed and I am not sure about passes for photographer, probably for media only. There will be no flash allowed. That is what I know :)

wah, no flash allowed? hmmm, i hope stage lighting is good enough.

performers safety is more important! :thumbsup: bright strobing flashes can disorientate people, thatz for sure.

wah, no flash allowed? hmmm, i hope stage lighting is good enough.

performers safety is more important! :thumbsup: bright strobing flashes can disorientate people, thatz for sure.

what lens you guys gonna prepare?? long telephoto??

the "official" photographer mounted his flash and went on ;)
good job flashing!

ya lor only he can flash ...we cannot flash :eek:

anybody going tonight?
So tonight is the finals lah?
Will be much more tense and exiciting i guess?

if u are going, i would say... bring ur ladder and stand behind. if not we are surely going to be those freaking no manners photographer that stands right in the front blocking everyone's view. i tell u... its so going to happen again. seriously, if anyone is going to throw a flash just to get the shot that you want so badly. think twice as you may be helping someone break a bone. Im no participating or anything but time and time again, seen too many "no flash please" but as the event go by, more lighting come flashing by.
kindness week. be kind.

i seee... how's the event then? so what's wrong with mounting a flash? and using? i still think its dangerous to flash any of the competitors when they are spinning around in mid area. are you being thrown up there? don't just risk their future because of one shot. thank you.

if u are going, i would say... bring ur ladder and stand behind. if not we are surely going to be those freaking no manners photographer that stands right in the front blocking everyone's view. i tell u... its so going to happen again. seriously, if anyone is going to throw a flash just to get the shot that you want so badly. think twice as you may be helping someone break a bone. Im no participating or anything but time and time again, seen too many "no flash please" but as the event go by, more lighting come flashing by.
kindness week. be kind.

Totally agreed with u.....:thumbsup:

Chill guys.. no use flaming here and there and throwing sarcastic remarks.

Its a layout flaw in the event.

The judges' area was a little too close infront as well i feel. The idea of putting guests and supporters behind the judges' area is the problem.

As for flash photography usage, think koelsch has highlighted a valid reason - during the display/performance, its advised not to use flash as it may temporarily blind/cause disarray to the participant and may cause injury. Would you want to be accountable for that?

At the end of the day, the person who was shooting also needs to get his / her shots as well as the videographer. Do spare a thought.

I totally agree no flash should be allow .

The cheerleader well being is more important ;)

I agree with the no flash allowed. I am a cheerleader and a team manager of my team. Those on the top flying up and down takes time to achieve that and a courage to attain the perfection of the stunt. These are hardwork.

A flash can just simply throw the flyer off guard and lost their footing or timing. I have experienced many of these instances due to flashes and spotlight being thrown directly at them. The cheerleaders both the bases and flyers cannot see and catch their teammates. A nasty fall on the ground no matter how high can cause several complications. Safety is on the top of everyone's mind in whatever sports and activity we are in.

Even places like zoos mostly disallow flash photography on the animals but there are still sturbborn people who aim and shoot with flash. There are many ways to get a good picture without flash.

thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.