Next Step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikhail33

Oct 27, 2009
Tampines
Hi everyone! I had a d40 for about 9 months now, 2-3 months back got 18-55mm VR and 55-200 VR lens for it. And recently got a sb-600 and still playing with it. But now i have no idea with i should aim for next!! I don't plan to get it soon, but just to save up for you know. Like will it be better if i upgrade my body or get faster, lower f no. lens?? Thanks for all ur help guys!:)

In what aspect to you feel limited by your current gear? That's the only question you need to ask yourself.

yeah agree...
Is there something you wish your current set-up could do, but you can't now?
If not, why upgrade? Just itchy?
Hahahah if you have the spare $$ to spend, then ok la. Help the economy.

1) Buy D90 body only and keep the current 2 lenses for the time being. After that buy additional speedlights to play with Nikon AWL/CLS.
2) Sell 18-55 lens and buy latest Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 with motor and VC
3) Buy an SB800/900 to use as on-body commander, and the SB600 as wireless slave.

Last edited:
Improve your pictures, there is always room for it.

How about a solid tripod?

or maybe you could spend some buck on investing in good photography books.

or maybe get photoshop/lightroom if you haven't? or maybe a monitor calibration hardware to ensure your photos look right on screen?

many things you could get.. but i think we should be worrying more about our photography than the tools, though its never wrong to think about tools.

Hi everyone! I had a d40 for about 9 months now, 2-3 months back got 18-55mm VR and 55-200 VR lens for it. And recently got a sb-600 and still playing with it. But now i have no idea with i should aim for next!! I don't plan to get it soon, but just to save up for you know. Like will it be better if i upgrade my body or get faster, lower f no. lens?? Thanks for all ur help guys!:)
Started out with D40 myself.
Got a D80 now.
Am still using my D40, happily.

There will be more additions, with more $ first. Otherwise, learning to take more photos are always free. :)

Improve your pictures, there is always room for it.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:This is best advice, period:bsmilie:

Dun get suck into the BBB virus like I did. There is NO CURE:eek: even to the point of bank account close:hung:

last time, when i started photography, i aimed to get better pictures

i only bought when i was lacking in something that i noticed that i was lacking in very sorely

now , i don't buy anything other than tripods when they spoil.. that's been a year and i am very happy with my crummy gear.

why do you aim to keep buying? you want to have the biggest lens collection in the world?

Thanks for everyones replys! Like i sai, i dont plan to get anything soon, happy with what i got, and that is my aim now, to get better photos with what i have :D.. I've been thinking of getting a few photography books but in the library, no need to spend $$$! Im trying to find a book on lighting cause im new to my flash and would like to learn more, ive been to strobist.com but its too advanced for me. So any suggestions? Thanks! :)

every people treat photography differently, so see what is your aim lor.

fill your dry cabinet with all the nice gears or fill your harddisc with nice photos is entirely up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.