Next SEED on 7/8/2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren,

spoke to Simon about your SB-26. could you bring it along with you on Wednesday? I'll be there.

Andrew

Hi there...
Darn, I can't make it this wed.
Could anyone check out the pricings for these?
Or does anyone know the current pricing for this..

Nikkor AF-S 24-85 IF (last time I checked, cheapest was $530 w/o GST @ AP)

D100 body (my friend's interested in this CP - $3600? )
AP/CP cheaper?

Thanks a lot for anyone who can help!

paiseh, SEED got go 2nd hand shop or not? heh me looking for a bp50, and a maybe NEW 50mm...

just got my first SLR, a 2nd hand eos 50e QD...

I reckon those participants in the mass order of books from amazon conducted by Darren will be there - including me.. my first SEED! :embrass: :)

hi all,

am interested in going... :p but, will you guys be going over to Ruby Photo?

or maybe someone can recommend a slave flash to use with my home studio?

me going ruby...but i dunno much about slave flash...

:D
argent

Originally posted by denizenx
paiseh, SEED got go 2nd hand shop or not? heh me looking for a bp50, and a maybe NEW 50mm...
there is a couple of 2nd hand shops around the Peninsula Area - in fact, there is one just beside Cathay Photo.

Remember the rallying call for SEED - Buy Buy BUY!!, then after that say quietly "bye bye bye" to your hard-earned $$. :devil:

Originally posted by DarrenLau
greg, lets do a comparison - I have a Coolscan IV scanner and I will scan in a slide and bring along (digitised image and slide). Will provide exacts settings (digital ice, image size, scan timing) and you can get a comparison from either Adam or do a realtime test at CP (may have to go earlier in that case).

Hi Darren,

Would you and Adam be doing a comparison of the 2 scanners tmw? I'm kinda interested to know more abt it.. :)

Originally posted by Bean

Maybe getting a lightbox. Any recommendations? Budget less that $50.

:)

err ... dun think got such cheap lightbox ..... fotoguide is selling 2 types of small lightbox (forget the brand)

1. type 1 using 6xAAA = $65 - $70
2. type 2 using 4xAA = $75

sad :cry: cannot go SEED this time , got to serve national service (BCTC)

Originally posted by megaweb
sad :cry: cannot go SEED this time , got to serve national service (BCTC)

hehheh if free can come PLC to find me. wah so we're neighbours tomorrow....

Originally posted by yeppie99

hehheh if free can come PLC to find me. wah so we're neighbours tomorrow....

sure if i got the time :D btw , what is ur vocation ?

Originally posted by megaweb

sure if i got the time :D btw , what is ur vocation ?

something like Dy S4, but under a different name. anyway its a bit off topic here. but i'm free to go lunch, dinner :) got my no. rite?

Originally posted by Darren
Hi All,
The next SEED will occur on Wednesday, 7 August 2002 from 5:30pm onwards. The meeting point will be @ the entrance of Cathay Photo (or inside Cathay Photo).

Agenda:
1. Buying of consumables
2. Purchase of equipments
3. Strongly encourage shoppers to hands-on their intended purchase, be it bags, cameras, lenses and such; hearing feedbacks, looking @ images on the net and reading reviews do not give you the whole 'picture'!
4. Those who are new to photography are also encouraged to come and bring your prints, slides, laptops...we'll be happy to give suggestions on how to make your next photoshoots a more fruitful one!
5. Even if you're not getting anything (like me) and happen to be there or just wanna hang out with somebody, come!
6. Last but not least, we will be having a real-time, face to face General Photography Chat or Banal Talk over dinner!

Don't worry! We're basically a friendly and fun-loving bunch! Whoever 'bullies' you, let AdamGoi know...he will 'flame' him or her on the spot for you! ;)

Those who are interested, reply to this thread!

Come come, don't be shy!

hey will we get discount???
How many percent?

Originally posted by charvy
Erm, Darren et al

how to identify you'll? :embrass:
that easy!!!
hang a tag on yourself with the folowing words

"I'm Charvy..... I'm looking for Darren !!!"

Or...

You can go and shout out loud.. "I'm Charvy"

Originally posted by charvy