Next SEED on 7/8/2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

ahh..greg u're still coming for the SEED?
got things to discuss with u ;p

I'll try to make it, the reason I couldn't wait until the coming SEED before I bought the scanner is I might not be in town. Wanna email me separately? is it regarding the "nude" shoot? :)

by the way anyone got any comments on the BenQ film scanner?

Originally posted by PsychoBoy
I feel like going for this one, 1st time to a SEED. will be going Redang on the 8th so maybe get another piece of memory stick. do you guys recommend me to get the cir polarizer? do you think there is any diff with of without it, if I take photo in a bright sunny afternoon at the beach?

anyone know the prices for these stuff?

I presume u use a sony DC. I once owned a F707 and a B+W circular polariser myself. In my opinion, spend your money on something else. Why? From your EVF or LCD screen, it's almost impossible to see the difference as you rotate to adjust the cir polarizer. Get it if you want to shoot non metallic objects minus the reflections. If you want a more saturated blue sky, use photoshop. If you just wanna shield your lens from the sun glare, get a lens hood. Oh and don't forget to place a UV filter in front of your lens to keep the sea water sprays away from your carl zeiss lens.

hmmm.... SEED..... to go? not to go? dunno if will get OT that day. but me "finish" work officially at 6pm.... so will be late also. anyway.... been saving up for a few months.... now still pondering over which camera to buy.... a ixus 330 or S30? or something else.... hmmm........... really hope i can make it to this....

anyway.... this will be my first camera purchase.... hehe.... absolute newbie. :dunno: :embrass: :dunno: :D

I'll be flying to Singapore for the Holidays on the 8th of August. Too bad I'll miss this meet.

Originally posted by greg

bought the fs4000 yesterday. I have a question, what's the diff when you specify input resolution at 2000 dpi, and output at 2000dpi, vs input at 4000 and output at 2000dpi?

Don't have a film scanner yet, let alone a FS4000, but I am assuming that the "input resolution" is the resolution at which the film will be scanned. Adam might be able to help you better on this.

not really another M6, but with an interchangeable digital back , YES!
I wonder when that will be a reality....

Regards
CK

Alright then I will see you guys there.....anything to bring along? I will be bringing a newbie with me. Perhaps there may be things that we can trade amongst all present??

Originally posted by ninelives
all those who are going please donate $50 to andrew. he is in serious situation.
eh hello! this one not NKF hotline leh ... and anyway, isn't andrew your first name ;p

ok, finally bought the scanner with your valuable input and used it. I put up the pics at www.gregchoongphotography (Bird Watching Series). Any comments welcome.

I'll be there to get some films and batteries.

Maybe getting a lightbox. Any recommendations? Budget less that $50.

:)

Originally posted by Darren
eh hello! this one not NKF hotline leh ... and anyway, isn't andrew your first name ;p
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.