Next Nikon product announcement will be on February 7th, 2012

Wow... Waiting for the day, hope to see more DSLR launch....

Still waiting...!

I can foresee that some will complaint the announcement disappointed them or the spec of new camera doesn't impress them...

L-coholic said:
I can foresee that some will complaint the announcement disappointed them or the spec of new camera doesn't impress them...

Happens every time

Why bother at all ? It there is something new fine. If you need the camera body now buy what there is - as in you cannot wait it must be now. If you do not need a new body what ever will be will be.

the new camera will most likely have a new battery, so if you don't want to have different batteries and chargers, then get the current camera.

I hope that D800 will be out but my 6 sense tell me Nikon will not do something that stupid to kill their D4 market yet....

Maybe new coolpix line up?

Well...for me, I just hope Nikon :nono:Do Not Disappoint me/us once again this time round...meaning = make me/us a G1X alike and/or even better features and BIGGER:bigeyes:SENSOR for better bokeh can or cannot...?????...Can hear that or still not huh...?????

Will be getting a G1X:heart:for very sure liao..... for IF, being DISAPPOINTED:thumbsd: once and again...especially after the J & V1...:cry:!!!!!!

Will be getting a G1X:heart:for very sure liao..... for IF, being DISAPPOINTED:thumbsd: once and again...especially after the J & V1...:cry:!!!!!!

Some thing(s) about the G1X will probably disappoint you too. Be prepared...

I believe this sentence have been said the upteen times:

"The company does not disappoint, it's the rumors that disappoints by pushing up expectations"

I kinda look forward for newer, better and cheaper lenses :)

Ya...could be another addition of the trinity lens that does takes the filter to blend with the new body....plus the cool pix series.

Maybe an upgrade of D7000 to D7100 on improvement of auto focus video features+ .... for mass consumer market ...

Might be the do it all lens for all we know.. The legendary lazy lens 18-300mm F/3.5-F/5.6 VRII.

To be honest, before I started using Nikon DSLR, I never bother to take a look at Nikon Coolpix (or touch them). After following nikon rumor,
I feel there are way too many coolpixes being release ^^"

Cowseye said:
Might be the do it all lens for all we know.. The legendary lazy lens 18-300mm F/3.5-F/5.6 VRII.

That would be so incremental and terribly unimpressive and disappointment plus plus plus. I would expect a 14-500mm f1.4 VRIII sub-1kg sub-$1000 compact zoom do-all lens.

Cowseye said:
To be honest, before I started using Nikon DSLR, I never bother to take a look at Nikon Coolpix (or touch them). After following nikon rumor,
I feel there are way too many coolpixes being release ^^"

You seen their competitors range? Fujifilm recently announced 17 new compacts in one breath.