Next month EPL 24/7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
StarHub to launch 24-hour Football Channel next month
By Tan Yo-Hinn, TODAY | Posted: 24 July 2007 1003 hrs

SINGAPORE: Next month, cable pay-TV operators StarHub will launch Football Channel, a new 24-hour channel dedicated to the English Premiership.

While content details will only be made known closer to the start of the season on Aug 11, StarHub, who own the Singapore rights for English Premiership matches over the next three seasons, say the new product will provide "unsurpassed" coverage.

No longer will Singaporeans get their Premiership "fix" from ESPN Star Sports, as the content providers for the Football Channel will be Hong Kong's Goal TV, in association with Dubai-based television broadcasters Ten Sports.

"Premiership highlights, studio previews, half-time studio shows and match summary shows will be produced by Goal TV and Ten Sports," said Thomas Ee, StarHub's senior vice-president of cable, fixed and internet protocol services, yesterday.

"Fans can expect unsurpassed coverage of the event as the coverage of the live Premiership matches and magazine programmes on Football Channel will be produced by TransWorld International (TWI).

"We are confident that sports fans will enjoy the dedicated 24-hour coverage of Premiership content on Football Channel, which is a first for StarHub and Singapore."

TWI are the world's largest independent producers and distributor of sports, and the FA Premier League's official producers and distributors since 1998.

Goal TV, a dedicated football network, is jointly owned by Yes Television (Hong Kong) Ltd and Malaysia's Astro All Asia Networks.

Their Goal TV1 and Goal TV2 channels reach 60 million viewers in 16 Asian countries.

"Leveraging on our experience in running a dedicated football network catering to Asian audiences, we will be offering a wide array of content that will complement the live matches in creating an 'immersive' viewing experience for football fans," said Tom Kressner, chief executive officer of Goal TV.

The new Football Channel will be available to all StarHub digital cable' sports group and digital terrestrial television customers.

Last November, StarHub were believed to have paid $246 million to outbid ESPN Star Sports and SingTel for exclusive English Premiership broadcasting rights here. - TODAY/fa

Watch until peng!!! Thats what i do if i have subscribe but to bad bo subcribe! :sweatsm:

I wonder whether there is an option for a Cantonese commentary :think:

they outbid ESPN star sports to get EXCLUSIVE rights? Like that no premiership on ESPN star sports? Will the sports package price go down? I don't really watch premiership.....

I thought they increase sports package price because of the premiership fees?

means what?? means no epl on ch 22, 23, 24? gotta subscribe to another new channel??

No wonder price increase? Is it because they bided so high to 80 million that subsribers have to pay extra?

If 2 live matches going on, how are they goin to show on 1 channel? Split screen?:think:

they outbid ESPN star sports to get EXCLUSIVE rights? Like that no premiership on ESPN star sports? Will the sports package price go down? I don't really watch premiership.....

I thought they increase sports package price because of the premiership fees?

No la. They where got so dumb. They wanna hold ppl who dun watch epl ransom. Either u pay up or cancel. Talk about value for money!

They will be showing them on ch21/22 and Goal TV (the so called new football channel). Means have to get the digital box. ;(

Sianz liao... :confused: They gona remove Starsports commentators

Martin tyler and Andy Gray...

:(

They = EPL
Have been listening to their commentary for years liao.. Even EA sports FIFA has their voices... Wah sianz liao... :confused:

No la. They where got so dumb. They wanna hold ppl who dun watch epl ransom. Either u pay up or cancel. Talk about value for money!

They will be showing them on ch21/22 and Goal TV (the so called new football channel). Means have to get the digital box. ;(

:bigeyes: .... Really like the way the do biz man! :bsmilie:

From a user of Goal TV, you will be totally disappointed. I've been a subscriber to Goal 1 & 2 and I find the whole packaging of those channels to be very dismal... If u watch the commentarries from the those matches, and compare them to the ones on ESPN/Star... no way can fight. I'll definitely miss Andy Gray and Martin Tyler... as well as live comments from Sky..

Sigh.... With ESPN/Star, at least u get to see S'poreans enjoying themselves during certain portions of the match.. Starhub... u r doinig everyone a great dis-service!!

Status
Not open for further replies.