Next in my series - Do you offer refunds of deposit back to clients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 3, 2004
Hello guys and gals. :D

So now, next in my series of stories is - do you offer refund of the customary wedding deposit back to customers? AD date is 6 months away. Partial, full?

I'm really intruiged by this, since i have gotten such a request! :bsmilie:

PS. All the usual terms/conditions in place in the quotation, contract etc.

Hello guys and gals. :D

So now, next in my series of stories is - do you offer refund of the customary wedding deposit back to customers? AD date is 6 months away. Partial, full?

I'm really intruiged by this, since i have gotten such a request! :bsmilie:
A contract is a contract. What does the contract say?

A contract is a contract. What does the contract say?

I don't need to spell it out. :bsmilie:

Does the hotel offer refunds for the banquet?

How about travel agencies (ie honeymoon).

Is this perculiar to Singaporeans?

Does the hotel offer refunds for the banquet?

How about travel agencies (ie honeymoon).

You are absolutely full of it.

A contract is not a Singaporean thing.

By the way, you are the one, who is looking to others to justify you own actions. Let me tell you, your actions ultimately will not be justified by others, but what is agreed upoin between the 2 parties. This agreement is usually call a contact. It is usually better if you have it in writing, but a verbal one is just as valid, but probably more difficult to enforce.

DUH!!!

You are absolutely full of it.

A contract is not a Singaporean thing.

By the way, you are the one, who is looking to others to justify you own actions. Let me tell you, your actions ultimately will not be justified by others, but what is agreed upoin between the 2 parties. This agreement is usually call a contact. It is usually better if you have it in writing, but a verbal one is just as valid, but probably more difficult to enforce.

DUH!!!

I know where you are coming from. Sorry I think you misunderstood me, every terms n conditions are spelt out in the contract, which is a PDF file. They can't even edit it or what.

I just find it intriguing that even so with all the terms, they ask such things. Just yesterday, another couple asked if they could have the old pricing, which is like 6 months ago from my old quotation. I told them no as its specifically 30-days validity, then not happy liao.

Crazy huh?

Does the hotel offer refunds for the banquet?How about travel agencies (ie honeymoon).

The hotel where I worked at, a deposit is required for the banquet. Theres no refund at all when its cancelled.

I know where you are coming from. Sorry I think you misunderstood me, every terms n conditions are spelt out in the contract, which is a PDF file. They can't even edit it or what.

I just find it intriguing that even so with all the terms, they ask such things. Just yesterday, another couple asked if they could have the old pricing, which is like 6 months ago from my old quotation. I told them no as its specifically 30-days validity, then not happy liao.

Crazy huh?

oh .. ok ... sorry for the misunderstanding ...

I knew a couple who had multiple reservation for their banquet, photograpers and everything else ... becasue they cannot make up their mind, and later tried to leverage on multiple bookings to depress the price.

Well, they are Singaporean, but I dont think they are the norm.

oh .. ok ... sorry for the misunderstanding ...

I knew a couple who had multiple reservation for their banquet, photograpers and everything else ... becasue they cannot make up their mind, and later tried to leverage on multiple bookings to depress the price.

Well, they are Singaporean, but I dont think they are the norm.

Haha...my bad also....didn't specify properly in my first post lar. I wanted a kinda "sequel to be continued effect", and also being a bit sacarstic dah. :D

But seriously, the moral of story is, even *WITH* the proper checks and protection, you can be guaranteed that people do try potshots occasionally.

Actually last time I did not mind such things, but it really gets tiring after a while. I do feel for some reasons given by the couple like some dear family member passing away, annulment of the marriage before the ceremony (esp if booking is very far into the future like 1 year+). I even had 1 couple filing for divorce 2 weeks after the banquet! And I heard from a VG the wife kena hamtum jialuck jialuck on the wedding nite even (end up taking black faces?), really power. But mei ban fa, though I do feel for some cases, I still have to survive dah.

The hotel where I worked at, a deposit is required for the banquet. Theres no refund at all when its cancelled.

Heh heh...i was just being sacarstic. Yup, its actually a norm for any type of industry. Some take more, some take less. Similar to most co policies of "Goods sold are not refundable or exchangeable", though some can exchange within a period, and actually Robinsons do/DID offer full refund.

But I am 99.9% pretty sure i have not come across a refundable deposit clause. :thumbsup: ;) Of course we put it down in black and white, just to be sure.

well...like you said it..
if they are going to cancel the whole wedding all together, and can have some documents to prove it..
I will probably refund them out of sympathy.

but if they are fickle-minded, and decided to look for someone else..
i dont see why you should refund them..
just follow whatever you have stated in your contract earlier..

and good luck!:)

The whole idea of a deposit is not to refund - if you want to refund, then you're basically allowing for a waiver of this part of your rights thats all - depends on whether you want to do it or not.

I'm not surprised at these "potshots" - some may be trying their luck, some may be genuine, some may just be playign a fool. Just sieve out and decide based on your individual business situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.