[News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard the news over the radio, what I gathered was that the 'usual' sentence for 'rash act' is 2 years odd. But it's reduced to 7 months. I know that's vague, so don't quote me.

What I did remember, was the news ended with "no reason was given for the reduction"

That kept ringing in my mind.

When I heard the news over the radio, what I gathered was that the 'usual' sentence for 'rash act' is 2 years odd. But it's reduced to 7 months. I know that's vague, so don't quote me.

What I did remember, was the news ended with "no reason was given for the reduction"

That kept ringing in my mind.

no reason was given for the reduction

wow... its ringing again... :bsmilie:

i think.. some of the comments here about the legal system being bad etc.. are not really fair.

so whilst no doubt people might disagree, i think in this case, the sentence was quite befitting the crime.

i think people are angry not because of the law is bad, but for the fact this arrogant guy showed no remorse for what has happened, if he didn't yaya say he wanna hunt for a more powerful car in a forum, i doubt the case won't have surfaced to rile people. It was more likely that we people see him as a "villain", got away, but to show face itchy backside again....the chase starts all over again, this time people wanna see him get his just deserved. :sweat:

Well, will you still hold the same thought if the victim was your love ones or your family members?:think:

7 months to pay for a life taken????..........where the family have to suffer the lost for their entire life span? This is not a case that he repented. He even have the guts to try to look for another fast car while his case was still pending. Such person deserve sympathy?:dunno: It got to be a joke!!

I can honestly say I have never driven over twice the speed limit....

but I do agree that 7months jail is pretty ok. Alamak, 7 months Jail you know. The way you guys say is like want to put away the guy for good. I think everyone deserves a second chance. Imagine how much hate he will have to endure in prison.

I think the punishment is pretty ok.

I can honestly say I have never driven over twice the speed limit....

but I do agree that 7months jail is pretty ok. Alamak, 7 months Jail you know. The way you guys say is like want to put away the guy for good. I think everyone deserves a second chance. Imagine how much hate he will have to endure in prison.

I think the punishment is pretty ok.

i think he will hate prison, imagine the threats of sodomization. haaa

but likely he might get hush-hush transferred into some private cell and away from the attention. Then 7 mths would be a breeze liao. :bsmilie:

ownage3wh.jpg

classic foto.

maybe i'm a'lil prejudiced. but i felt that 7months jail for the kind of offence that the punk committed which resulted in a life lost... :(

it is really sad. the fella really got off lightly. but then again, i always belif there's no fairness in this world and that there's a set for the likes of them and another set for the rest of us.

classic foto.

maybe i'm a'lil prejudiced. but i felt that 7months jail for the kind of offence that the punk committed which resulted in a life lost... :(

it is really sad. the fella really got off lightly. but then again, i always belif there's no fairness in this world and that there's a set for the likes of them and another set for the rest of us.

i guess so...double standards are everywhere no matter how much people can deny and pretend it doesnt exist. :bsmilie:

but I do agree that 7months jail is pretty ok. Alamak, 7 months Jail you know. The way you guys say is like want to put away the guy for good. I think everyone deserves a second chance. Imagine

Then what would your reply be for the family who lost their daughter at the FIRST CHANCE this guy F**Kup. So where it their rightful "second chance"? He still deserve a second chance har? Okay..no problem...let him have his chance..so long as he produce a second chance for that victim's family.

I heard a story of a guy who hang himself just becasue he could not take being in BMT for just 3 months. If that be the case, I say Darwinian law at work. Let the weak little mommy's boy hang himself. Now if he can't take that for 7 months..I say, someone hand him a rope and give him some quiet time in his own cell to do his deed. As the saying goes...if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Maybe I am too tough on this or maybe it is just that I have many like him when I serve my NS in the Police Force. But punks like him...if I was working at the prison, I make sure everyone there knows his story...and let prison tough love deal with him.

Then what would your reply be for the family who lost their daughter at the FIRST CHANCE this guy F**Kup. So where it their rightful "second chance"? He still deserve a second chance har? Okay..no problem...let him have his chance..so long as he produce a second chance for that victim's family.

I heard a story of a guy who hang himself just becasue he could not take being in BMT for just 3 months. If that be the case, I say Darwinian law at work. Let the weak little mommy's boy hang himself. Now if he can't take that for 7 months..I say, someone hand him a rope and give him some quiet time in his own cell to do his deed. As the saying goes...if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Maybe I am too tough on this or maybe it is just that I have many like him when I serve my NS in the Police Force. But punks like him...if I was working at the prison, I make sure everyone there knows his story...and let prison tough love deal with him.

Please... In Jail... they are not given ropes to kill themself. They use their own underwear.

It's a figutive of speech to make a point. heheh...aiyo. :p

No lar. In jail, they are not allowed any tools to hurt themselves or others. then only thing they are allowed to have are what they wear. and some inmates used what they wear to commit suicide. :embrass:It happens. Someone tear up his own tshirt, tie to the door and hang himself. If the other cellmates are asleep and the guards dun do their job... no one will know.

anyway they do drink from the toilet bowl. So let the fellow **** and drink form the same place lor :)

No lar. In jail, they are not allowed any tools to hurt themselves or others. then only thing they are allowed to have are what they wear. and some inmates used what they wear to commit suicide. :embrass:It happens. Someone tear up his own tshirt, tie to the door and hang himself. If the other cellmates are asleep and the guards dun do their job... no one will know.

anyway they do drink from the toilet bowl. So let the fellow **** and drink form the same place lor :)

shhhh...don;'t give too many secrets away leh...we want to make sure some of them do still have the means to kill themselves if they want too hahahahahah.... wait...they make all prison into a nudist camp just to save them from themselve then how? heheh...

Yup..one gone ....just a few more tens of hundreds to go. He is not the only one around. He just got caught more red handed then the others....

Great isn't it...a life at it's prime is only worth 7 months.

actually it doesn't quite work out that way, it isn't a 7months for life exchange rate

one would say that the life is already gone, a sunken cost, so it doesn't matter whatever the sentence is

herein lies the flaws in our law, when you wish to crack down on something you will impose heavier sentences on such a thing. in this case we don't usually have test drivers speeding and killing their passengers without killing themselves, therefore there is no focus in this area and sentences will not be as heavy as they should be, at least in the eyes of the majority

shhhh...don;'t give too many secrets away leh...we want to make sure some of them do still have the means to kill themselves if they want too hahahahahah.... wait...they make all prison into a nudist camp just to save them from themselve then how? heheh...

Then I apply to work in Woman's Prison. ;)

gay delight?

Status
Not open for further replies.