[news] Photographer wants volunteers to strip for art in London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkster

A US photographer wants more than 500 volunteers to strip naked and pose in a London department store.

Spencer Tunick needs the volunteers for his Be Consumed project, which began in 1992 and involves photographing crowds of nudes in public places all over the world.

Londoners have the chance to strip in the name of art at Selfridges, in Oxford Street, on Sunday, April 27.

Volunteers, who will be pictured en masse, will only be naked for a brief period, and no outsiders will be allowed into the store while Tunick is working.

Volunteers are asked not to wear jewellery. In exchange for posing, they will each receive a print of the event from the artist.

Tunick said: "It's hard to get aroused by my photographs unless you are a real freak. I don't like to see individual faces. I'm only interested in the body as a shape."

Volunteers must be at least 18, reports the London Evening Standard.

Original Article

only in London man, only in London..
:)

Originally posted by Linkster
A US photographer wants more than 500 volunteers to strip naked and pose in a London department store.
It's very comon over in Europe, Canada and US. I remembered when I was in US, there's this call for a particular Benetton ads which also calls for volunteers to do nude shoots. And nudists all over US came and crowd over a particular building in New York then. Also while in France last year, there's this department store that let nude shoppers get 20% off their purchase. Apparently nudity is very common in these countries.

Common? Not common enough :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

(what, 3 strippers in 2 seasons? And all male?)

Status
Not open for further replies.