News or Noose?

I think people who can't catch any ball about the noose, or think they're too lame, have no sense of humour. Period.

WHERE HAVE THE FREAKING JURONG JOKES GONE TO AFTER THAT SPECIAL EPISODE???

:bsmilie::bsmilie: the noose anytime to kill away the boredness. always clicking it on xinmsn. I wonder what would the foreigners think if they see this on tv :X

I think people who can't catch any ball about the noose, or think they're too lame, have no sense of humour. Period.

WHERE HAVE THE FREAKING JURONG JOKES GONE TO AFTER THAT SPECIAL EPISODE???

Regarding balls, you can count me out, I've caught just too many of their "loose" marbles already! :bsmilie:

I think the Noose is the best class act in our local commedian scene. The impressionists are just too hilarious to ignore... A remedy to our already beyond-hope, anal-retentive society (with so many looking so serious on the streets, mrt, lift, etc).

The second that comes to mind is Just for laughs, although that greatly pales in comparison to the original Canadian series (best overall) - but I do get a good geniune laughs once in a while.

Oh forget about the Jurong jokes already! I can't wait to see the Geyland IR ones that's coming up! :bsmilie:

Chou Eng Lai is great as Jacquis Ooi and BB See:bsmilie:

He and his deep nasal trump card of a British accent (although not exactly the real thing, but I'm pretty sure he did it intentionally in jest!).

I also adore Andrew Chiciak - now where and how do they come up with a name like that!? Sounds like a DSLR's shutter!

Seriously, I think these guys must have been the bane of their teachers and form teachers! :bsmilie: What a riot!

Last edited:
He and his deep nasal trump card of a British accent (although not exactly the real thing, but I'm pretty sure he did it intentionally in jest!).

I also adore Andrew Chiciak - now where and how do they come up with a name like that!? Sounds like a DSLR's shutter!

Seriously, I think these guys must have been the bane of their teachers and form teachers! :bsmilie: What a riot!

Chicak = lizard in malay. Though I dunno how that applies in his context. Haha.

These guys are pure talent. But do you know that the scriptwriter is a lady? *salutes*

Regarding balls, you can count me out, I've caught just too many of their "loose" marbles already! :bsmilie:

I think the Noose is the best class act in our local commedian scene. The impressionists are just too hilarious to ignore... A remedy to our already beyond-hope, anal-retentive society (with so many looking so serious on the streets, mrt, lift, etc).

The second that comes to mind is Just for laughs, although that greatly pales in comparison to the original Canadian series (best overall) - but I do get a good geniune laughs once in a while.

Oh forget about the Jurong jokes already! I can't wait to see the Geyland IR ones that's coming up! :bsmilie:

I love the Jurong jokes la. The fact that I caught the jokes comforted me that I actually know "national" jokes and its sad that many friends don't. They looked at me and asked, so what's the joke? Like... =_="""

Geylang one, of coz ah. Everyone shd know. But its not as subtle a humour as Jurong. Im still expecting better IR-related jokes. Haha...

Chicak = lizard in malay. Though I dunno how that applies in his context. Haha.

These guys are pure talent. But do you know that the scriptwriter is a lady? *salutes*

Ohisit?? *both hands salute* I won't say which is more important than the other, it goes hand-in-hand. Good scripts without superb acting talents, everything goes down the drain... And Vice versa too.

Ah...chicak! A bit rusty with my Malay... You boleh! :thumbsup: :sweatsm: And mind you the name fits the character! LOL

Last edited:
I love the Jurong jokes la. The fact that I caught the jokes comforted me that I actually know "national" jokes and its sad that many friends don't. They looked at me and asked, so what's the joke? Like... =_="""

Geylang one, of coz ah. Everyone shd know. But its not as subtle a humour as Jurong. Im still expecting better IR-related jokes. Haha...

Maybe Jurong joke more natural to you than to others, hence it is only an endemic spread of humour... :bsmilie:

Ohisit?? *both hands salute* I won't say which is more important than the other, it goes hand-in-hand. Good scripts without superb acting talents, everything goes down the drain... And Vice versa too.

Haha, good actors rely on good script. Or else, no matter how good Leonardo Dicaprio acts, if he chooses the wrong script, he won't make as big an impact as in Shutter Island and Inception. So yea, I agree on both being hand-in-hand, u can't have actors that are trying too hard and the jokes fall flat...

Maybe Jurong joke more natural to you than to others, hence it is only an endemic spread of humour... :bsmilie:

Even the ppl in Jurong caught the joke! My colleague from Jurong is a die-hard fan of Noose and she had to live with fact that Jurong is the worst ulu part of Singapore. In Noose's terms, ie. :bsmilie:

It is me or isit yesterday's episode just not on par with the usual slapsticks? :think: Maybe it's just me...

Andre Cichak is actually a spoof of the old timer sports reporter Andre Ahchak I believe.