[News] Olympus STYLUS 1 Superzoom f2.8 28-300mm* i.ZUIKO DIGITAL lens

Editor

ClubSNAP Editor
Staff member
Jul 19, 2012
The ultimate premium compact with a sought-after optical system is born.

It's here - a camera with a 10.7x optical zoom, and bright constant aperture f2.8 packed into a compact body. The high-quality dials are beautifully cut from metal for a solid feel when operating the camera controls and an indescribable sense of comfort. Also, the cutting edge technology iHS uses a 1 / 1.7 type back-lit CMOS sensor to obtain excellent image quality with a high degree of perfection. The inclusion of a large, high-resolution EVF which lets you give your undivided attention to shooting, and the Control Ring truly make this an absolutely luxurious, premium compact digital camera.

1_c1_6.jpg

f2.8 28-300mm* i.ZUIKO DIGITAL lens

The new i.ZUIKO DIGITAL lens developed for the STYLUS 1 boasts bright constant aperture f2.8. This bright lens enables shooting at fast shutter speeds, thereby reducing camera shake and subject blurring that tends to occur in dim scenes and telephoto shooting. This lens also makes beautiful background defocusing possible for three-dimensional images, and helps to reduce noise when shooting at lower ISO speeds.

front.jpg

back.jpg

top.jpg

The large, high-resolution EVF that helps to enhance concentration

It is important for the camera to have a viewfinder so that you can devote yourself to shooting while keeping an eye on the subject. The STYLUS 1 is equipped with a large, high-resolution built-in EVF. The EVF is different from optical viewfinders found on DSLR cameras in that it can assist when shooting in dark locations. It clearly projects the subject even under midsummer sun for a comfortable shooting.

DSLR style and refined control system

The body design is specifically created to accommodate comfortable viewfinder shooting. The STYLUS 1 is the result of pursuing the shooting style of DSLR users rather than thinking of it as a compact camera. The highly-functional grip lets you firmly hold the camera for long periods of time without putting strain on your fingers. The ever-popular Hybrid Control Ring is also included in response to demands from professional photographers.

Built-in Wi-Fi* & OLYMPUS Image Share*

This camera is also equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi* for quick and easy connection with smartphone. When linked with the OLYMPUS Image Share smartphone app, images on the camera can be transferred to a smartphone and the smartphone can be used for remote shooting and zooming. Smartphone GPS tags can also be added to photos on the camera.

Art Filter & PHOTO STORY

In addition to Art Filter which lets you create artistic photographic expressions, this model is also equipped with PHOTO STORY for creating a story out of multiple photos. These are Olympus-original functions that let you turn normal, everyday scenes into photos that are uniquely your own.

Convenient basic functions

The STYLUS 1 is packed with convenient features for shooting, such as Full HD movies, High-Speed Movie, and various other movie and shooting functions.

For more information:
http://www.olympusimage.com.sg/products/compact/1/style/

Sounds like this is in between the Fz200 and the RX10...

UGLY!!!!

I saw the USD price. Seems like a very expansive price tag device.

Look like the OMD. Love the styling. Beautiful camera... Now... waiting for Singapore price and availability.

Me also, then I can buy this for my daughter if the price is right and my daughter & me will be the same Oly family :)

This is what I've been waiting for... I hope they can tell when it will be shipped out...

Everything seems good except the sensor size!!!

Everything seems good except the sensor size!!!

Yes. For bigger sensor cam, go for RX10... which by the way cost around S$15xx.

I find this cam good enough for normal work and small enough to be carried around easily (couldn't be bigger than my OM-D).

Impressive little camera after trying it out today at the MFT meetup ;)

Is this camera on sale in Singapore now? Price?

am eagerly waiting too. supposedly releasing sometime this December, but so far nothing's been heard. i suspect it would not be cheap, maybe $1k to $1.2k would be my guess.

am eagerly waiting too. supposedly releasing sometime this December, but so far nothing's been heard. i suspect it would not be cheap, maybe $1k to $1.2k would be my guess.

I saw from somewhere that price is around us700, so I guess should be around $900.

I saw from somewhere that price is around us700, so I guess should be around $900.
that's a very reasonable price. i would buy it in a heartbeat.

I just wonder how it perform in bokeh as most compact camera cannot achieve.
Also, iso performance compare with m43.

I doubt it will be above 1k. If it goes beyond that, it will put this cam directly against Sony RX10... which sports a much larger sensor.

Anyone know the actual date to release???

Nice camera with fast lens and useful focal length.
Great for travel!

though a smaller sensor than the RX10, this will be my choice so long as its reasonably priced :) Excellent in that the Stylus 1 manages to stay within the realms of a P n S body.