[News] Nikon DSLR Df - Retro or Ugly and Over Price ???

Editor

ClubSNAP Editor
Staff member
Jul 19, 2012
Overview

The timeless style of Nikon’s milestone cameras comes together with our cutting edge imaging technology in the new Nikon Df. The camera features a 16.2-megapixel FX CMOS sensor and the EXPEED 3 image processing engine with an ISO range of 100 – 12800, so you can capture stunning full frame images of exceptional quality every time - all from a camera that is equally exceptional in style and design.

1437731403.jpg

Power behind the looks

Housed in the robust magnesium alloy, weather and dust resistant body of the Df is a 16.2-megapixel FX-format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 3 image processing engine. The CMOS sensor provides an ISO range of 100 – 12800 (expandable from 50 to 204800) for capturing remarkable pictures with true-to-life colours, even in low light. Furthermore, the image processing power of the EXPEED 3 helps make it all possible, because it has the all the power of Nikon’s flagship D4 - providing you with outstanding images at high and low sensitivities.

3434830833.jpg

The ultimate in style and design

Every detail on the Df has been meticulously crafted to create a camera of a timeless design - right down to the matching AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G (Special Edition) lens and the Information Display with the original monotone colour matching the body of the Df. Available in a choice of black or silver, the Df is our smallest and lightest FX format D-SLR yet, weighing in at only 710 grams.

3149687655.jpg

True craftsmanship in the details

The camera has been designed for the ultimate photographic experience, with independent dials for setting shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation, exposure mode and release mode. Each mechanical dial is crafted from solid metal, engraved and painted across the top. The tactile and audio feedback of the dial clicks also offers both precision and speed for total camera control.

634977988.jpg

Always in the moment

Powering up in a mere 0.14 seconds and a release time lag of approximately 0.05 seconds, you will never miss an opportunity to capture the perfect image. Even the most sensitive situations can be captured with minimal disruption on the Quiet Shutter-Release mode. Compose your images with ease through the glass pentaprism viewfinder, which offers approximately 100% frame coverage (FX format), so every stunning image is exactly how you see it.

1390399058.jpg

Capture the perfect shot every time

Enjoy compositional freedom with the Df’s 39-point Autofocus (AF) System. Featuring a variety of AF-area modes such as Single point AF, Dynamic-area AF, 3D tracking and Auto-area AF, it ensures quick focusing throughout the frame, even on fast moving subjects. The intelligent Scene Recognition System also works hand-in-hand with the information from 2016-pixel RGB sensor and image sensor to evaluate the scene for precise sharpness and clarity

3419840488.jpg

Take control to the next level

The Info Button gives you the chance to craft your images further, giving you quick access to the functions that match your current photographic situation. Choose and adjust your desired image settings with Picture Control while shooting in live view for greater creative freedom over your images.

3167858558.jpg

Limitless possibilities

Compatible with the full range of Nikon lenses, including non-Al lenses and full support of the Creative Lighting System, wireless accessories, GPS unit and HDMI output, the Df opens up a whole new world of exploration.

745452271.jpg

More information:

http://www.nikon.com.sg/en_SG/product/digital-slr-cameras/df

Front is the best to look at, back is the worst. a little too 'fat' though.

Retro, not that ugly.. But definitely overpriced..

What is the estimated Sg price?

What is the estimated Sg price?

from the looks of overseas' prices? north of $3k would be a good bet... :think:

as an aside... i wonder if this fad of retro-chic will have legs... started off with Olympus and now this...

i like Matt Granger's response tho... :bsmilie:

[vid]IlKYY_IRIKY[/vid]

as an aside... i wonder if this fad of retro-chic will have legs... started off with Olympus and now this...

[vid]IlKYY_IRIKY[/vid]
From the look at the overseas prices the Df will carry the D800 price tag here.

[vid]IlKYY_IRIKY[/vid]

https://www.adorama.com/INKDFBK1.html

USD3k Plus 2weeks waiting time and u will hav it.. ;)

[vid]IlKYY_IRIKY[/vid]

You gotta love how he glorifies all the technologies that have been in most cameras for the past 3 years.

the black look more classic then silver chrome , i prefer the black . : )

AF spread is same as D600/610?

doesn't look comfy to hold for prolong period with a heavier lens i think...
for that price rather get d800 at least for me.

Please stop with this add on concept and make the GPS, NFC and Wifi builtin.

745452271.jpg

Please stop with this add on concept and make the GPS, NFC and Wifi builtin.

745452271.jpg
The Df is too expensive for build-in WiFi and GPS. ;) Buy a D5300 if you need it.
None except Sony and Samsung has NFC.

Last edited: