News K-01 drops to 350 USD (430 sgd) and with 40mm XS kit is 550 sgd brand new

my Kx still works, but may try sell some lens to get K-01 for better screen resolution and high ISO performance,

K30 has optical viewfinder and the sensor, but keeping my Kx and get K-01 for the sensor is cheaper than the big jump for now,:)

Where is the 500S$???

i see USD416
add 40+ for shipment...
add 7% GST...

looks like still SGD550...

The local price has come down quite a bit for K01, well worth its cost. Just grab one if you like the camera.

Last edited:
K-01 at Adorama now back ordered and got no ready stock liao. Price may be attractive but be prepared to wait it out plus still got to settle GST. Still got to do paperwork for international warranty.
Buy in Singapore, less hassle and no need to wait. Plus new firmware really makes the K-01 a more responsive camera.

I think with the local warranty and instant availability, etc, the price delta isn't that attractive imo.

Also noticed that ever since the firmware update, there has been no K01 on sale in BnS anymore. :D
Was considering one as a stand in until the 'Big one', but looks like K01 is too good now for existing users to let go.

I gotta say Pentax screwed up on the firmware release at so late a time.
If they stepped on it and released it much earlier, both Q and K01 would have dug a deeper niche than they have now.
But on the bright side, under Ricoh which has a history of releasing new firmware for its existing products, more/better firmware updates may be a sign of things to come.

Price of K01 and Q is super ATM (be it in the US or local context).

Bought the k-01 from b&h during the black Friday promo. Received the item within 5 days. Didn't pay gst as I ship it to jb (is tax free in malaysia)....

Enjoying the k-01, nice camera :)

Bought the k-01 from b&h during the black Friday promo. Received the item within 5 days. Didn't pay gst as I ship it to jb (is tax free in malaysia)....

congratulations, will I be missing the viewfinder???

jasonlel said:

Why didn't I think of that!
Thanks for sharing.
Next time send to my friends place.

jhuichd said:
just wondering whether anyone could advise the price of K-01 in Singapore? Thank you!

Price is around 700 plus when I was e-quoted this month.
Include 40mm XS.