[News]Dog saves girl from snake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to look at this in a balanced, reasonable way ... ;)

There are no bad dogs in this world, save for the genetically 'aggressive' ones (medical or bahaviourial, not social definitions).

But there are TONS of baaaad, negligent, ignorent and simply incompetent owners.

Sometimes, it's good to be a bit paranoid since basic obedience training and testing is not a legal pre-requisite to owning any kind of dog here, not even breeds designed to protect, attack, or hunt down and kill.

A bit of paranoia might have saved a 3-year old girls' ear and her family a lot of anguish.

Dogs by nature are neutral.... or for that matter animals. Its owners that are irresponsible that give their pets a bad name. I for one was glancing out the window one night and saw a fellow resident walk his dog without a leash. Saw the dog take a poop and the owner simply kicked the poop the side of the pavement. Then the dog saw two indian gentlemen and ran over to them. The gentlemen were clearly trying to avoid the dog making me think they could be Muslim. The owner instead of grabbing his dog or running after it, simply looked on from the distance and kept whistling to his dog which obviously ignored him. After the two men walked away, you could see the look of disgust on one of their faces. With owners like this..... its the dog that gets a bad name.......

Status
Not open for further replies.