NEWpaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_liau

Oct 29, 2002
New York
Visit site
I always felt that the news in NEWpaper is crap and not really worth the money to buy and read it. Most of my friends bought it for its soccer pages.

Between "The Straits Times" and "NEWpaper", which one will you pay to read the newspaper? And why?

Should the newpaper even be classified as newspaper? Hehe i think its trash. :D

This may not be answering your question but I do buy both and the reason why i like the NEWpaper is cos of Edwin Yeo. Sorry but i like what he writes!!!

And yeah, I need it for the turf guide as well.

I'll buy neither. But if I have to pay for it, I go for the Straits Times. It's more informative and covers much more areas. NEWpaper is somewhat inferior, in terms of coverage and contents. But I'll still read NEWpaper if I don't have to pay for it, and/or I'm just too bored.

Anyway, I read the StraitsTime Interactive. Free.:D

Originally posted by Pegasus
I'll buy neither. But if I have to pay for it, I go for the Straits Times. It's more informative and covers much more areas. NEWpaper is somewhat inferior, in terms of coverage and contents. But I'll still read NEWpaper if I don't have to pay for it, and/or I'm just too bored.

Anyway, I read the StraitsTime Interactive. Free.:D

same here....

but the worst are those chinese "wan bao"

Originally posted by Wai

and for dirty old man and busybody auntie to read abt all those so call "news"

Not fair to say that mate........ Not everyone can read and understand English.... So wor... my Granny is an 75 year old busy body auntie just cos she reads the chinese paper??

This may not be answering your question but I do buy both and the reason why i like the NEWpaper is cos of Edwin Yeo. Sorry but i like what he writes!!!

I guess you're one of few reader who likes what he writes. He is sucks big time!!:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd: Once I spoke with a cabbie, I was surprised how he hates that guy. Thank god that I reached my destination.

I guess you're Spurs fan too...

:devil: -FND->:devil:

Originally posted by NitroTech

Not fair to say that mate........ Not everyone can read and understand English.... So wor... my Granny is an 75 year old busy body auntie just cos she reads the chinese paper??

nope..pls read my post above again...i dun mean all chinese papers, i am saying the two chinese "wan bao". Lian He Zao Bao is very decent, unlike the two "wan bao" only talk abt gossip and some useless news.

Originally posted by Wai

nope..pls read my post above again...i dun mean all chinese papers, i am saying the two chinese "wan bao". Lian He Zao Bao is very decent, unlike the two "wan bao" only talk abt gossip and some useless news.

On another note, my granny is 80 years old this year, and she stills reads her Sin Ming Wan Bao. Yes, she agreed that it's all gossip and nonsense. But she has a valid point to it. Nowadays the news in the papers are so depressing, with possible war cry, terrorism, nature disasters etc! Her Wan Bao offers her silly news about HK actresses / actors' affairs, who's going out with who etc. Something she just read for the sake of reading, and laugh over it. That make life easily for her. Hmm... agree?

But definitely, Edwin Yeo's acticles are something what I called a "You either love it, or hate it" style. For me, I'll read it for the sake of reading it and out of boredom.

Originally posted by denizenx
I thought Singapore recycling its paper as well... :D

Hmm.. NEWpaper and NEWater. Is there a similarity? Hehe..

heh heh ... i dunno if you guys notice but if you try to read the soccer news from the net ... i think from soccernet.com ... its news and the newspaper's news .... its the same .... its more like they are just copying it from the net and paste it .... it's not that obvious if the news are yesterdays news but ift would be if its very new ....

me and my friend spotted it during one article about Man U matches the thing about paul scholes ....

btw i never buy papers .. i usually read it through the net ...

Originally posted by sukun
heh heh ... i dunno if you guys notice but if you try to read the soccer news from the net ... i think from soccernet.com ... its news and the newspaper's news .... its the same .... its more like they are just copying it from the net and paste it .... it's not that obvious if the news are yesterdays news but ift would be if its very new ....

me and my friend spotted it during one article about Man U matches the thing about paul scholes ....

btw i never buy papers .. i usually read it through the net ...

umm unless they have local correspondents I think they buy it from reuters or some news net lor... hence sometimes it's ad verbatim.

Agreed with sukun. I noticed it long ago where they copy from the net. If you're observance enough, there once where newpaper do not print the source of the report such as PA Sport or whatever. When I read it is identical to PA Sport report.

-FND->

Status
Not open for further replies.