newfacepics

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenPLUSam

Apr 20, 2005
hii
i m helping my friend sophie(yes the winner)
she is my schmate
if u haf her pics
can u pls send it to her?
pm me if u haf alrights?
thanks!!:)

amelia

buy photos from?

anw Lars,if u dun wan give ur pics,its ok
there are ppl who are willing to
den shldnt she charge u all for taking her pic?

Based on Lar's history... it seems all his replies are senseless so just ignore him. But I think you should post this under general category.

I support LARS. Somemore, if your fren needs the photos, she can come to this forum to download the pics herself. Any photos which she likes. she can write to the photographers to liaise with them... come on lah...one must learn to be proactive from young...

if she wants the photos free then who support us to maintain our cams?? :dunno:

She is talking to people who don't mind giving photos to her friends for free... if you guys don't want to give then ignore this request. Why scold her? What does that prove? Does that make you feel better?

And what's the big deal anyway? And how can it affect the market? Take a photo of a person in a contest and sell it to that person? It looks too desperate to me.

samuelchin said:
I support LARS. Somemore, if your fren needs the photos, she can come to this forum to download the pics herself. Any photos which she likes. she can write to the photographers to liaise with them... come on lah...one must learn to be proactive from young...

Not everyone post their photos here. I do agree with you that young ones should be proactive but not everyone is a member of clubsnap and it was just a simple request that can easily be ignored. If Lars has a valid point, its obscured by his method of conveying the message.

aiyah... TFP/TFCD loh... I'm sure it is win win situation...hahaha :bsmilie: :lovegrin:

CYRN said:
aiyah... TFP/TFCD loh... I'm sure it is win win situation...hahaha :bsmilie: :lovegrin:

I think there is a misunderstanding... sophie is the winner of new face contest... and xiao mei was just requesting for photos taken during the contest. If there is a TFP/TFCD, the favor is now on Sophie. ;)

Lars has a point here. Though we can and should build relations between all sorts of people who have photography in their minds, do refrain from making Clubsnap a pasar malam where you can get things cheap or free. There is nothing more degrading than that.

dawgbyte77 said:
I think there is a misunderstanding... sophie is the winner of new face contest... and xiao mei was just requesting for photos taken during the contest. If there is a TFP/TFCD, the favor is now on Sophie. ;)

I know lah...

TFCD can only means pic in exchange for poses... not say the pics must be taken from the shoot right..;)

CYRN said:
I know lah...

TFCD can only means pic in exchange for poses... not say the pics must be taken from the shoot right..;)

Okay. Got the nuance. ;)

sehsuan said:
... do refrain from making Clubsnap a pasar malam where you can get things cheap or free. There is nothing more degrading than that.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It not always abt money..i'm more concerned abt the photos being abused by those A$$hole who link it to some unsavoury site

sehsuan said:
Lars has a point here. Though we can and should build relations between all sorts of people who have photography in their minds, do refrain from making Clubsnap a pasar malam where you can get things cheap or free. There is nothing more degrading than that.

This is akin to a photographer going to a carshow and snap a model. So when the model request for the photo, the photographer feels degraded. And the right thing to do is for the photographer to sell the photo to the model. I do not agree with this scenario but I guess each of us have a different perspective so I respect your POV.

Aiyo ... since they want ... then email Xiao mei some photo lor .... you can put your name below, like 400px by 300px and Photo by xxxx and your contact nos lor ....

You give her the photo for free ... she free help you advertise lor ...
I sure they wont so greedy until ask you to send all in raw file and without your name below ba ?

If they like that photo you shoot and want some hard copy, you can print out in 5R or S8R and meet up and exchange for a cup of coffee ba .... :heart:

I sure they dun cheapskap untill want all free ba .... :D

wenPLUSam, welcome to clubsnap.

and welcome to the the world of realilty. i believe you could pm those on clubsnap who has posted their pictures on the Ready, Lights, Action thread. there are still nice people around here.

and oh yar, you can't possibly expect FOC pictures. watermarked pictures are the best bet you can get (maybe high quality or maybe web-quality). those photographers have no official passes. went there early for a good spot. lugged all their superzoom lens. brought their ladder chair. rushed down from office after work. yea. :)

hmm i was there too...not inside though as my friend didnt have enough tickets.my friend doesnt mind anything,as long as she gets some memories
dun worry she wun sell it or something

Lars said:
she is the winner rite? so she must be very rich now?
ask her to buy! don't always come here to ask for free photos.

Your attitude sucks. :thumbsd:

It's not as if the person asking for pictures is going to use them for commercial purposes. Just that his friend won the competition and would probably like some pictures for remembrance sake. My friend was in the same competition and I was thinking of asking any of the photographers who might post her pic on CS to send me a web sized copy just as a sort of souvenier for her.

I'm all for protecting the rights for photographers when their photos are used without their permission or for commercial purposes, but come on, this is just someone who was in the competition who wants some shots of herself.

winner => very rich => must buy? Come on la, for goodness sakes. Get your head out of your wallet for a second.

Sometimes as a community we should be more understanding and not cast such statements. Blah blah BUY blah blah don't ask for free blah blah cover cost of equipment. I'm sure lots of people who were approached in such a situation would be more than happy to give a copy of the picture, and not demand the picture be bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.