Newborn Portraits (Tips for me?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSeet

Mar 11, 2003
North East
www.kelvinseet.com
I am going to take my brother's newborn son's photos later in the evening at his house. Any tips for me please? Its my first try. Thanks!

I know I should not use flash and maybe find a light source. Any other things I should look out for?

If you absolutely have to use flash (particularly if you're shooting indoors), bounce the sucker off a wall. That way, you won't really hurt the baby's eyes and frighten him too much. Try shooting with the apareture wide open as well to get nice bokeh around the subject and maybe soften the image by shooting in a pastel-coloured location. Hope that helps.

vince said:
If you absolutely have to use flash (particularly if you're shooting indoors), bounce the sucker off a wall. That way, you won't really hurt the baby's eyes and frighten him too much. Try shooting with the apareture wide open as well to get nice bokeh around the subject and maybe soften the image by shooting in a pastel-coloured location. Hope that helps.

okie..thanks! :) I'll try to do that. ;)

try not to use a flash if you can. ;)

35mm/f2.8/iso800

sleeping_newborn.jpg

Cheesecake said:
hello,

do u have a soft filter?

sometimes soft pictures in B/W look really nice... esp. those of little children!!! ;)

I don't have, but I'll edit it in PS :) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.