Newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larren Chen said:
hi everybody... jus wanna to know is it possible to take very nice n clear pictures using a consumer camera with 3.2 megapixels ??? :)

Why not? :dunno:

Splutter said:
Possible, y not? Try to keep the iso below 200 though, or u'll probably have to clean up the image later on using neat image or helicon.

Actually, even at the lowest ISO, I've to clean it up using neat image.

Larren Chen said:
hi everybody... jus wanna to know is it possible to take very nice n clear pictures using a consumer camera with 3.2 megapixels ??? :)
Its possible, just make sure you set the camera to lowest ISO, aperture at f5.6-f11, shutter at 1/125 and above, mount on a tripod or a solid platform, focus the subject correctly, take a deep breath before you press the trigger. ;)

Larren Chen said:
...very nice n clear pictures...

That's a subjective quality question. It really depends on how much are you able to tolerate image noise. Different cameras produce different amount of image noise and is pretty independent on the number of megapixels.

For best effect, turn down the ISO and be prepared for more noise as your exposure time increases.

remember to use tripod if you are talking about landscape. Weather also play an important part though.

Larren Chen said:

definitely possible. i've used a 2 megapixel canon ixus 300 b4 and it had very low noise levels.

yup, its definitely possible. And i think ultimately depends on what you use the picture for, and if ur printing, wat size you print to. Under lower light conditions, I use my 3.2mp a70 at iso200 and print at 4R, results are still pretty good. And you can use neat image to lower down the noise further if ur particular.

As for web posting, u dun really need very high mp...cos most pple would eventually resize to something like 640x480 for posting. As for colour reproduction and saturation, most consumer cams now are pretty capable to producing good pictures, more of it depends on the environmental conditions which the picture is taken in. Can take a look at my gallery for some samples by a70 if you want. :)

Larren Chen said:
Hey man,
Looks like you already have your answers about noise and such for digital cameras. I am still very much a film user. ;)

But basically a good picture also consists of good composition and the story (or your POV) portrayed. IMO, I feel this is more important than anything else.

Seen too many and countless examples of people with wonderful tools but cannot take a picture for nuts.

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

Astin said:
Its possible, just make sure you set the camera to lowest ISO, aperture at f5.6-f11, shutter at 1/125 and above, mount on a tripod or a solid platform, focus the subject correctly, take a deep breath before you press the trigger. ;)

take a deep breath, let out half a breath, hold your breath, half squeeze the trigger till you hear a 'tick'(no no, till in focus) then squeeze all the way

:think:

hmmm, not much diff from M-16

:blah:

megaweb said:
Don't worry about 3.2 megapixel image size. If you know your camera well, you can achieve the best quality out of it.

See one of my A70 shots :)
http://megaweb.clubsnap.org/a70/pano/pano3a.htm

That was an outstanding panoramic shot. Which software did you use to stitch?

Only blemish were obvious traces of your cut and paste PS job

Status
Not open for further replies.