Apr 8, 2002
bukit panjang
Visit site
Jus got back from my sydney trip. Got a few shots.:D
Opra_Harbour.jpg

Harbour.jpg

Three_Sisters.jpg

Comments Pls....

Great landscapes! Wish I were your kind of "newbie" ;)
If u want critique/comments, post one at a time? otherwise this is the wrong folder....
Anyway, really like your night scenes, some technical details will be appreciated :)

..NuTs..

what camera is that?

Thread has been moved from Critique Corner to Landscape and Travel Photography due to nature of content. Please refer to this thread for the guidelines of the Critique Corner.

Nice pics!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm very new to photography. Well, I liked it alot, but never really pickup. Got my first camera (pentax P&S) abt 4 yrs back. Dun even think I shot more then 20 rolls with it. Jus got my new Olympus C40Z abt three weeks back.

All shots taken from my new C40Z.

The bridge was taken at f8, 16 sec. Didn't do anything for the star effect, it jus pops in there. dun know why. But it looks good.

The three sisters were taken at F4, 1/650 sec. But it wasn't as good as it looked here. The sky was a bit flushed. I used PS to curves between the sky and the land, using gradient.

The opera house was a pano shot. It's a manual pano. Can't seems to find my source files. Dun remember the settings.

Amazing night shooting capability from an Olympus DC! If only they have this feature in C700. I'm impressed by the noise-reduction capability and star effect.

Btw, very nice shots you have there. :thumbsup:

Very very impressive shots, esp the night shots. Good camera. Heard you wanna sell? Why?

I selling coz I wanted to upgrade to a more versatile camera. Can't afford to keep two.:( Love this cam, but think I'm more into landscape and wildlife, so I'll need something with longer and wider lens, as well as filters.

I used the "P" mode on the Olympus DC to take the three sisters, with bracketing. Means that the DC actually take a few exposures. The info on the original pic indicated that the settings were F8.0, 1/320 sec. I did a little curves adjustment in PS.

Stunning! Composition's just right too. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.